Slaphappy Saturday Supper Nov. 23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
Tonight the newlyweds are coming over with the bride's parents and they will open gifts. We'll be eating homemade lasagna, salads and garlic bread with wedding cake for dessert. What's on your table tonight?

Well, I wanted ribs, but I didn't feel like beating my way through the throngs of people hanging out in front of the meat section because they were giving away free samples of cooked shrimp. So I walked back over to the seafood counter and picked up a bag of mussels.
So mussels for dinner. I might also cook a little pasta and use up the leftover white sauce from last night on it.

Tonight it was pork chops baked in cider in the oven then served with a cider and mushroom creamy sauce and colcannon . Followed by apple crumble and custard as I received a large lovely bag of apples from my neighbour off his tree . Scrumptious .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
We had snow today...brrrrrrrr. It's sausage and barley soup in sour dough bread bowls and homemade applesauce.

Jabbur, this sounds like a nice way to bring your families closer together. I hope it's a fun evening.

Pac, My 94 y/o aunt recently retired as the "sample lady" at her neigbhorhood market. Free samples on the weekends. She kept a sharp eye out for people who got in line too many times when they had the good stuff, like free shrimp. :LOL:

I have a pan of ragu sauce made with both sweet and hot Italian sausage. I think I will make baked rigatoni and a salad with garlic dijon vinaigrette.

Last edited:
Pac, My 94 y/o aunt recently retired as the "sample lady" at her neigbhorhood market. Free samples on the weekends. She kept a sharp eye out for people who got in line too many times when they had the good stuff, like free shrimp. :LOL:
Like a friend of my father who would go to costco on sample day, make the rounds sampling everything, go out to his truck to grab a hat and make the rounds again. Free lunch.

Like a friend of my father who would go to costco on sample day, make the rounds sampling everything, go out to his truck to grab a hat and make the rounds again. Free lunch.

You CAN make a meal of Costco samples! :yum:

We have many leftovers to tackle. Or I might make spaghetti with marinara, which will result in more leftovers.

Last edited:

Lol! And who said there's no such thing?!

We are having Christmas dinner tonight.....it's our Car Club Annual Christmas Dinner/Dance. I know.....we haven't even had Thanksgiving here yet in the lower 49. Our car club is Canadian, so of course they have already had their T-day. It's okay, though it will be prime rib or baron of beef, nary a turkey in site!

It is our 39th wedding anniversary today, but after blowing through the budget during 2 weeks of vacation (and a trip back home to spend Christmas with the progeny coming up) we're staying in. Neither one of us wanted to head to the Polish market to pick up kielbasa so we could reprise one of our entrees at our reception (kielbasa and sauerkraut, one of four entrees) so I'll bake a little boneless ham and make roasted broccoli and potato cubes in the oven. One appliance meal!

Hmm, wonder what kind of wine goes with ham....:D

Wow, such good looking dinner pics! :yum: Nothing to speak of much lately here, been attending luncheons with dear friends and have thrown my dinner menu out of whack. :huh: :LOL:

Tonight's dinner was delivery - a small artichoke heart and sundried tomato pizza, and a hot BBQ chicken sandwich. Was delicious. :)

Paninis made with rest of homemade focaccia that went with our minestrone from Friday, garlic olive oil drizzle, pancetta, roasted red pepper, mozzarella and fontina cheese with arugula put on after they were toasted.

Back
Top Bottom