Smoked sausage, brats and what else?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phil

Senior Cook
I have some grilled left overs and thought about throwing them in the skillet with some onions, bell pepper, small potato, and ? What would you throw in? I need a littlle moisture in there. Chicken broth, a little wine... I dunno. Help me get creative. Muchas gracias.

i would add a little (or a lotta) garlic, maybe some chopped tomatoes - or tomato paste, bay leaves and oregano. also, artichoke hearts would be good.

i would also go with a little wine and butter, to make a kind of gravy.
my sister makes a dish like that called "sausages murphy".
it's sausage and peppers, italian style, with the addition of potatoes and a brownish gravy.

Well, here's what happened....

buckytom said:
i would also go with a little wine and butter, to make a kind of gravy.
my sister makes a dish like that called "sausages murphy".
it's sausage and peppers, italian style, with the addition of potatoes and a brownish gravy.
I knew my wife wasn't crazy about brats, so I used a skinless kielbasa. I sauted red and white onions and green pepper in butter. Put in the sliced sausage, wine, chicken bouillon cube, minced garlic, can of stewed tomatoes, and oregano and a bay leaf, with a little water. I nuked one diced potato, (it was ok, but not necessary), and put it in. Cooked for about twenty minutes and dumped in a handful of shredded cabbage. Served with rice and garlic rolls. Really good. Thanks for the tip Buckytom. I still like the artichokes, but didn't have any. Next time, for sure.

Back
Top Bottom