"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-23-2010, 01:39 PM   #1
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,487
So what's cooking 10/23/10?

Did I miss the dinner thread, please merge if I did? If not:
Dinner is starting to come together. I picked up 2 whole pork loins when they were on sale and cut them into chops (thick & thin), 1 roast and one butterflied roast then vac sealed & labeled each "meal" and froze. I took the butterflied out and plan on doing it sort of like a bracioli. Spreading it with stuff and rolling it jellyroll style, tie with butcher twine, brown and finish in the oven. Sides will probably be brussels sprouts, red & yukon potatoes, onions & mushrooms tossed with oils, herbs & spices and roasted in the pan with the pork then pan gravy. Maybe a salad but not sure on that.

Thats the PLAN but ................... LOL
__________________

__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:44 PM   #2
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
Bison Ribeye Steaks


Last post!
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
Everymom
 
Alix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 23,184
Hey msmofet, we're having pork too! I've got a loin roast brining as we speak. I'm going to do a 40 clove chicken idea with it. I'm going to sear the outside, then toss a pile of garlic in the roaster with some other herbs and whatever I fancy. I'll roast, then smush the garlic into the gravy and have it to pour over the sliced roast.

Think we'll also do root veggies (potatoes, carrots, onions) in a balsamic sauce.

Salad...hmmm...no clue yet. I'll get back to you on that one!
__________________
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:48 PM   #4
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
What? Are you leaving us? Was it something I said?

If I feel up to it we are having prime rib. If not, the guys are left to their own resources again......which means Dad will have one of the frozen microwave dinners I have made him and DH will probably have eggs or a bison burger
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:51 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,349
some sort of lean cuisine. tired today. over did yesterday
__________________
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:26 PM   #6
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
What? Are you leaving us? Was it something I said?

If I feel up to it we are having prime rib. If not, the guys are left to their own resources again......which means Dad will have one of the frozen microwave dinners I have made him and DH will probably have eggs or a bison burger

Last Post on the thread!!! But, yes, I am coming towards the end of my broadcast day...at least untill tonight! I have a meal to finish off....
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:43 PM   #7
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Did I miss the dinner thread, please merge if I did? If not:
Dinner is starting to come together. I picked up 2 whole pork loins when they were on sale and cut them into chops (thick & thin), 1 roast and one butterflied roast then vac sealed & labeled each "meal" and froze. I took the butterflied out and plan on doing it sort of like a bracioli. Spreading it with stuff and rolling it jellyroll style, tie with butcher twine, brown and finish in the oven. Sides will probably be brussels sprouts, red & yukon potatoes, onions & mushrooms tossed with oils, herbs & spices and roasted in the pan with the pork then pan gravy. Maybe a salad but not sure on that.

Thats the PLAN but ................... LOL
Well that got nixed and put on hold till tomorrow!!

Dinner was:
Trader Joe’s Garlic & Basil Linguine topped with Trader Giotto’s Alfredo Sauce & fresh grated Italian cheese and side salad (dressed with Good Seasons Italian dressing – mixed with apple cider vinegar, whole grain Dijon mustard, flaxseed oil and chili oil).

__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:10 PM   #8
Master Chef
 
Kayelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south central coast/California
Posts: 9,879
After reading all that, and feasting my eyes, I'm famished !!

I'll be doing bacon wrapped filet mignon with a wine balsamic glaze, baked loaded potatoes, green leaf salad with red onions, pickled beets, and tomato wedges, marinated cucumber and onion salad, and dinner rolls.
__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:14 PM   #9
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
After reading all that, and feasting my eyes, I'm famished !!

I'll be doing bacon wrapped filet mignon with a wine balsamic glaze, baked loaded potatoes, green leaf salad with red onions, pickled beets, and tomato wedges, marinated cucumber and onion salad, and dinner rolls.
Thank you and don't forget to send me a plate of yours!!
__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:19 PM   #10
Master Chef
 
FrankZ's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chesapeake Bay
Posts: 9,633
I made a huge pot of gumbo.

I didn't pay attention to the volume..

Goodness.. huge...
__________________

__________________
"First you start with a pound of bologna..."
-My Grandmother on how to make ham salad.
FrankZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.