So what's cooking 10/23/10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Did I miss the dinner thread, please merge if I did? If not:
Dinner is starting to come together. I picked up 2 whole pork loins when they were on sale and cut them into chops (thick & thin), 1 roast and one butterflied roast then vac sealed & labeled each "meal" and froze. I took the butterflied out and plan on doing it sort of like a bracioli. Spreading it with stuff and rolling it jellyroll style, tie with butcher twine, brown and finish in the oven. Sides will probably be brussels sprouts, red & yukon potatoes, onions & mushrooms tossed with oils, herbs & spices and roasted in the pan with the pork then pan gravy. Maybe a salad but not sure on that.

Thats the PLAN but ................... LOL

Hey msmofet, we're having pork too! I've got a loin roast brining as we speak. I'm going to do a 40 clove chicken idea with it. I'm going to sear the outside, then toss a pile of garlic in the roaster with some other herbs and whatever I fancy. I'll roast, then smush the garlic into the gravy and have it to pour over the sliced roast.

Think we'll also do root veggies (potatoes, carrots, onions) in a balsamic sauce.

Salad...hmmm...no clue yet. I'll get back to you on that one!

What? Are you leaving us? Was it something I said? :ermm::LOL:

If I feel up to it we are having prime rib. If not, the guys are left to their own resources again......which means Dad will have one of the frozen microwave dinners I have made him and DH will probably have eggs or a bison burger

Last Post on the thread!!! But, yes, I am coming towards the end of my broadcast day...at least untill tonight! I have a meal to finish off....:pig:

Did I miss the dinner thread, please merge if I did? If not:
Dinner is starting to come together. I picked up 2 whole pork loins when they were on sale and cut them into chops (thick & thin), 1 roast and one butterflied roast then vac sealed & labeled each "meal" and froze. I took the butterflied out and plan on doing it sort of like a bracioli. Spreading it with stuff and rolling it jellyroll style, tie with butcher twine, brown and finish in the oven. Sides will probably be brussels sprouts, red & yukon potatoes, onions & mushrooms tossed with oils, herbs & spices and roasted in the pan with the pork then pan gravy. Maybe a salad but not sure on that.

Thats the PLAN but ................... LOL
Well that got nixed and put on hold till tomorrow!!

Dinner was:
Trader Joe’s Garlic & Basil Linguine topped with Trader Giotto’s Alfredo Sauce & fresh grated Italian cheese and side salad (dressed with Good Seasons Italian dressing – mixed with apple cider vinegar, whole grain Dijon mustard, flaxseed oil and chili oil).

img_929471_0_a05474754ef7cb0ebfc881f736e83b4a.jpg

After reading all that, and feasting my eyes, I'm famished !!

I'll be doing bacon wrapped filet mignon with a wine balsamic glaze, baked loaded potatoes, green leaf salad with red onions, pickled beets, and tomato wedges, marinated cucumber and onion salad, and dinner rolls.

After reading all that, and feasting my eyes, I'm famished !!

I'll be doing bacon wrapped filet mignon with a wine balsamic glaze, baked loaded potatoes, green leaf salad with red onions, pickled beets, and tomato wedges, marinated cucumber and onion salad, and dinner rolls.
Thank you and don't forget to send me a plate of yours!!

Angus Filet Mignon with peppercorn crust, baked potatoes, and green salad with orange/dijon dressing.
Homemade Devil's Food Cake with Dark Chocolate Ganache for dessert.

We play pinochle with another couple tonight so we are doing sandwiches, corned beef, ham, provolone and american cheeses. I made the KFC copycat coleslaw, BBQ macaroni salad, roasted chile guacamole with chips, and a small quantity (first time I tried it) of sweet potato salad.

Lee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom