So What's Cooking Wednesday, May 30, 2012?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have one of those...the grill, I mean. I don't grill much on it, but I use the rotisserie for chicken, duck, prime rib, pork loin...works like a charm. Still find them, complete, in thrift stores here, for under $10. I'm thinking about snagging a second one to convert the rotisserie to fit my little Weber portable table top charcoal grill.
I became acquainted with the Farberware grill in the early 80s when I attended a few lunchroom evening feasts conducted by our 4PM to midnight (second shift) mainframe computer staff. It's one of the few gizmos that my wife has really taken a shine to and is capable of putting a nice crust on a thick steak. Because of the heat that rises from it, I prefer to not use it anywhere that does not have 3 to 4 feet of clearance above the grilling surface. I'm pushing it when I use it under my stovetop exhaust hood (warms the hood up a bit but only for less than 30 minutes).
I'm glad we inherited a second one complete withe the rotisserie attachment from the former owner of our house.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom