So What's On The Table For Monday July 9?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dinner tonight is leftovers.

But I did go out in the backyard, pick cherries, and make a couple of pies. :yum:

img_1159141_0_b65ff4f793c6f4c17b727f5af2c30d87.jpg

those pies are making drool what beauties.
kades

Dinner for us is left over pulled pork sammies, fruit salad , left over chocolate cake and ice cream. And root beer floats
kades

Those pies look so good!

I have not been cooking lately because it has been too hot to be at home. At first we were coming home just long enough to take care of the dog and cats, then when it started cooling off a little at night we started coming home just to sleep. It was too hot to be here today too, but I had to wait for a phone call (finally ended up calling them) and then a storm cooled it off. All that being said...

Taco salads. :cool:

Oh my my. Loverly, guys!

Full fat salad bar at an out of town dive. Green Goddess dressing, potato, pasta, pea salad, REAL cottage cheese, need I say more? I can feel my arteries hardening.

Last edited:
Steve, your pies look great. I finished picking sour cherries a couple weeks ago. Different kinds ripen at different schedules I guess.
I picked most of mine a couple of weeks ago, too. These were the ones I left for the birds because they weren't ripe at the time. Well, the birds didn't take them, so I figured it was their loss, and picked them this morning. :)

Now yer just being mean... :ROFLMAO:

Cherry is my favorite pie.

Then here's two of your favourites in one! ;)

A cherry pie....
pie.jpg

...that cuts like a cake
Piecake.jpg

:LOL: It was a gag for my sister who insisted she didn't want a birthday cake but I know she is a sucker for cherry pie - the filling and "ooze" are both cherry!

Then here's two of your favourites in one! ;)

A cherry pie....
View attachment 14249

...that cuts like a cake
View attachment 14250

:LOL: It was a gag for my sister who insisted she didn't want a birthday cake but I know she is a sucker for cherry pie - the filling and "ooze" are both cherry!

But I did go out in the backyard, pick cherries, and make a couple of pies. :yum:

img_1159243_0_b65ff4f793c6f4c17b727f5af2c30d87.jpg
i can't make pastry that works & i can't bake,so,respect guy's:yum: if i went out in the garden & picked anything steve it would be seaweed....will this bl**dy rain never stop:mad:!

can she bake a cherry pie, billy boy, billy boy? can she bake a cherry pie, charming billy? well, we know steve sure can--perfection! :)
Thanks everyone for the kind comments on my pies. I have to confess that I'm not much of a baker. Like Harry, I always had trouble getting pastry to work. Lately, I've been experimenting with different combinations and found that a dough comprised of 25-30% lard, along with butter, makes crust that's both crisp and flaky. I also picked up a tip over the weekend about using vodka in the crust. It makes the dough moister and easier to roll out. Once in the oven, the alcohol evaporates and you don't taste it.

So there you have what I now believe to be the secrets to good crust: booze and pork fat. :LOL:

By the way, Steve, I hope it didn't come across that I was mocking your pies. I posted my cake for Frank's benefit. ;)

Your pies look awesome! They reminded me of my Mom's - I may be a cake baker but when it comes to pastry I will never be able to match hers. She did use lard, but I don't remember any vodka.....maybe that was secret she didn't want to share! :LOL:

Last edited:
Steve Kroll said:

Yummy your pies look absolutely DELICIOUS. How about shipping one here to Fayetteville, Georgia?

Back
Top Bottom