"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-06-2005, 06:11 AM   #11
Senior Cook

DH says my roasts are better than his mothers!!!!!!!!! I also do great Italian, casseroles and anything with mince. DH also admits I cook the steaks better than him on the BBQ.

But my real forte is cheesecake, and in demand at Christmas. My baked lemon version is posted in the desserts forum. :)

Old 03-06-2005, 08:43 AM   #12

Send a message via AIM to nicole
I guess mine would be fried chicken and fried pork chops. Then it would be my spaghetti sauce. Mine also was from another recipe but I tweeked it so i guess it's really my sauce now? My sauce is posted. Will have to get some time and post my fried foods.

Old 03-06-2005, 11:50 AM   #13
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to Lugaru
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenMI
I can flip omelettes like there's no tomorrow. But then, I do that at work, so practice makes perfect.
Yeah, that's always a lot of fun. When I was at the Marche I taught myself how to flip two omlettes at the same time and you would be surprised how many phone numbers that got me.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:03 PM   #14
Chief Eating Officer

I guess mine would be my Chicken Broccoli Zita and also my Bolognese Sauce. I constantly have friends and family begging me to make these two dishes.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:40 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dove
All of these do sound good but are they posted? Wouwld you care to share?
Marge
I've posted all of mine in the past.
If ya can't find them let me know and
I'll repost. :D
Old 03-06-2005, 12:58 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Not sure I have one. Maybe desserts. I'm usually the one who gets assigned that category for Hen Night (girls' night out).

I can get pretty creative with leftovers so that they're not just warmed-up remainders of what we've had earlier in the week.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:00 PM   #17
Executive Chef

My kids say I make great Stuffed Grape Leaves,BBQ Ribs,Gumbo,Lasagna,and Spinach Cheese Pie. Funny thing is that I don't make anything exactly the same each time. I neveer measure anything and could not even make out a recipe for these. I just add this and that and a little of this and that and cook it for ? long.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:09 PM   #18
Head Chef

I have no specialty. Most in my family are better cooks/bakers than I am. Most of my friends don't cook at all, so when they come to my house to eat, they love everthing. I just take compliements with a grain of salt because anything is usually better than opening a can or frozen entree.

I just keep truckin' along and trying. Oftentimes I bake and my hubby takes the goodies to work with him. I get lots of compliments, but I think their attitude is beggars can't be choosers.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:13 PM   #19
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dove
All of these do sound good but are they posted? Would you care to share?
Marge
I've posted my Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe as well as my Clam Chowder recipe in the soup and stews section. Someone just bumped my Tortilla soup recipe, so it should be near the top of the first page.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:16 PM   #20
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugaru
Yeah, that's always a lot of fun. When I was at the Marche I taught myself how to flip two omlettes at the same time and you would be surprised how many phone numbers that got me.
The last few brunches that I've worked, I've been teaching myself to flip an omelette with my left hand. It gets real impressive when I have several omelettes all ready to flip at the same time. I just go down the row and do them by numbers, 1, 2, 3, done! Sometimes I have two pans, one in each hand, flip my right hand, then look at the left, and flip it. Most folks just stare in amazement that I don't drop them. I always tell them that it's all in the wrist.