Someone's in the kitchen with... 8/13 Thurs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
I have a nice 3 lb salmon fillet to grill using LP's lemon dill recipe. I'll make some orzo and salads to go with it. I bought the dill on Tuesday and it has been making my kitchen smell so nice. I can't wait to use it tonight.

Some of the pulled pork Craig smoked on the Horizon previously that was portioned and frozen, and coleslaw, maybe something else, maybe not.

I'll be making the orzo salad that I thought about making yesterday. Fixin' to go look through the fridge and gather up whatever veggies I have on hand that would go well in it. Probably more fresh fruit on the side.

Thinking the tomato soup I made a few weeks ago. I have a veritable plethora of cherry tomatoes, and will skip the yogurt and temper the cream the right way.

I had two rather large steak tips that I sautéed and made a fast pan gravy. Used up some left over rice. Cole slaw on the side. :angel:

We will be having pot-of-pig with boiled or mashed potatoes, and some sort of vegi. I'm still deciding what.

Defrosting some pork for a stir-fry with jalapeño, pepper, mushroom, scallions and pea pods. We'll have that with sesame ginger rice.

Thinking the tomato soup I made a few weeks ago. I have a veritable plethora of cherry tomatoes, and will skip the yogurt and temper the cream the right way.

Dawg, I saw a trick for peeling cherry or grape tomatoes the other day. Put them on a sheet pan in a hot oven for a few minutes and you can pinch the skins off them. I want to try that soup of yours soon!

I'm thinking about fish taco's tonight..if I make them or not is another question. :ermm:

I'll be making the orzo salad that I thought about making yesterday. Fixin' to go look through the fridge and gather up whatever veggies I have on hand that would go well in it. Probably more fresh fruit on the side.

Oh my....hit the spot on this hot afternoon. :yum:

I mixed in some chopped cucumber, red onion, an orange bell pepper, artichoke hearts, and chopped Italian parsley. Added finely grated parm, a little Italian dressing, and topped it all with some toasted pine nuts. There's enough for another big bowl tomorrow. :)

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 172
That looks delicious and beautiful Cheryl.

It's a go on me making fish taco's. It's too dang hot to leave the house so I'll jack up the AC and do the cooking. I'm trying to replicate the best fish taco's ever that we enjoyed in Baja, so we'll see what happens. Fine slaw with onion and cilantro is ready, along with dressing for the works of mayo,yogurt,lemon,Sriracha and Penzy's Arizona Dreaming. Guess I better get back to the kitchen.

Thank you, Kay. :)

I'm interested in hearing more about your fish tacos - I love them, they're one of my faves. :yum: What kind of fish did you use?

Oh my....hit the spot on this hot afternoon. :yum:

I mixed in some chopped cucumber, red onion, an orange bell pepper, artichoke hearts, and chopped Italian parsley. Added finely grated parm, a little Italian dressing, and topped it all with some toasted pine nuts. There's enough for another big bowl tomorrow. :)

Looks good Dear, so colorful too. Very nice.

Thank you, Kay. :)

I'm interested in hearing more about your fish tacos - I love them, they're one of my faves. :yum: What kind of fish did you use?

I used cod chunks (frozen from TJ's), well seasoned and quickly pan seared. The new package of Mission brand corn tortillas nearly ruined the meal though, grrr. The darn things were broken in half right out of the package so it was a challenge with half taco's.:mad:
It all tasted really good though!

Last edited:
Watching preseason football, so it was nothing but snacks tonight. I went shopping today and bought and froze up thighs and legs. I can't afford expensive sized steaks now, but I bought a pack of 2 thinnly sliced T-Bone steaks to freeze and cook up later. They are so thin, you have to broil or grill them just the right amount of time or within seconds... a medium rare steak cooks up medium. :LOL:

Last edited:
Everything sounds so good tonight. Good thing I'm stuffed! ~ Cheryl, your orzo salad looks yummy!

It's the tail end of Restaurant Week by us, so we went out :w00t: to our favorite Irish Pub. :w00t2: We each had a cup of their magnificent clam chowder. Then Himself enjoyed part of his Portuguese Seafood Stew while I had five Korean Braised Beef Short Ribs on a bed of their creamiest of mashed red potatoes. My sides were actually supposed to be baked potato and Asian coleslaw...but I goofed and asked for mashed instead of the coleslaw. :wacko: I was supposed to ask for broccoli. That's OK, the baked tater, along with at least half the mashed, came home with me along with 3 of the ribs. I had to save room for dessert - Bailey's ice cream pie. Himself brought home about half the stew and his dessert - Raisin Rum bread pudding. Looks like we'll have two nights of leftovers.

Attachments

• 2015-08-13 21.02.59.jpg
    2015-08-13 21.02.59.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 158
Back
Top Bottom