Something for Sunday 01/19/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We've been invited over for dinner with my son, DIL, and new grand baby. I plan on holding her all the time I'm there so somebody may have to spoon feed me.

You can always do the one for you, two for me.
Oh wait, she's probably still being breast fed :rolleyes:
:LOL:

Good choice!

"mushrooms gratin"?

One of LPB's creations. It's layers of mushrooms and Swiss cheese with a little garlic. Put buttered panko crumbs on top. Bake until the crumbs toast. Simple and delicious. I make them in a small, personal sized casserole dish. There's a long thread here. Everyone who has made it loves it. Who doesn't love melted cheese? :yum:

Been working since way before sunup and just got in. If it wasn't for you guys I'd probably just have fermented hops and barley. Your positive influences inspired me to add a few sides to the liquid refreshment. I'll make fish tacos with last nights left over cod. Will use the left over brown rice and broccoli in a sort of Mexican style fried rice. Lastly, I'll just heat up a cup of the greens in smoked pork and poblano stock discussed in the recent collards thread. The greens aren't really left overs. I always make a couple pounds at a time and freeze or fridge it for several meals. It's one of those better the second day things.

I came for inspiration. The tuna noodle casserole sounds good and will be a quick meal. I'll do that with salads. I have an apple pie in the freezer that I may pull out and bake for dessert.

I made a huge pot of turkey soup and, to add some pasta interest, I made a recipe of Michael Chiarello's papparadelle. The soup is filled with lots of chopped turkey, hearty stock, leftover turkey gravy, fresh mushrooms, spinach, onions, garlic, tomatoes, red wine and plenty of tasty herbs. I made some baguettes to dip into the soup. For dessert we'll have sugar cookie pound cake.

Last edited:
My dinner is either cooking or ready to go.
The collard greens are simmering using medtran's recipe (at least I think I was supposed to simmer them), the mushrooms gratin is sitting in front of the toaster oven in a casserole dish, the pork chop has been out of the brine and resting between two paper towels for about thirty minutes now... and the glaze is ready, too.
I've got about ten minutes before I need to do anything.

I made a huge pot of turkey soup and, to add some pasta interest, I made a recipe of Michael Chiarello's papparadelle. The soup is filled with lots of chopped turkey, hearty stock, leftover turkey gravy, fresh mushrooms, onions, garlic, tomatoes, red wine and plenty of tasty herbs. I made some baguettes to dip into the soup. For dessert we'll have sugar cookie pound cake.

Okay, Katie, you have my interest. Is this posted somewhere?

Okay, I'm following, as closely as possible, GG's recipe for Chicken and Potato Curry served alongside steamed baby broccoli with lemon.

Okay, I'm following, as closely as possible, GG's recipe for Chicken and Potato Curry served alongside steamed baby broccoli with lemon.

It must be the night for picking a member's recipe :chef:
That one sounded good to me, too.

Have you posted your recipe for Jägerschnitzel? How is it different from regular old schnitzel?

Jägerschnitzel is kind of a regional dish. Some use pork cutlets, some use veal. Some will bread them and fry them like a regular schnitzel and then serve them with the sauce. Some, like Mrs D, use a plain cutlet and quick fry it and then finish it off in the oven. I'll have to figure out amounts of what she uses and post it. I'll post a link here.

Back
Top Bottom