Something for Sunday 01/19/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KatyCooks

Head Chef
Today, I made Chicken in Cider with Herbs. (And the choice of cider was a no brainer!) :LOL:

Attachments

• Chicken in Cider with herbs.jpg
    Chicken in Cider with herbs.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 171
  • Katy Cider.jpg
    Katy Cider.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 209
Cider with alcohol content is considered hard cider here.

We are having an Asian inspired meal. Grilled yellow-fin tuna and a shrimp stir-fry over noodles with crispy squid rings for garnish. Also making an andouille and corn soup for later in the week.

I'm speed defrosting a chicken to be roasted for dinner tonight. Pilaf and a veggie will be served along side.

I was going to have chicken wings and salads for supper tonight, but my daughter isn't coming so we will save that for tomorrow or Tuesday dinner. Seeing as I will have about 12 lbs of sausages in a couple of hours, I may go with some of them. Or, thaw out some brats and have them with perogies...

I'm trying to decide between ribs or a pork chop.
I'm kind of leaning towards the chop as it will require more prep and cooking with the sides. And I feel like doing some more hands on cooking.
But I'm not ruling out the ribs... I haven't had ribs in a long time. I haven't seen them in the stores around here in a long time.

No idea...more ideas please! Nothing is sounding excellent so far...not that it sounds bad, but I hate days when nothing sounds just right to me.

No idea...more ideas please! Nothing is sounding excellent so far...not that it sounds bad, but I hate days when nothing sounds just right to me.

Got any frozen cooked roast beef or pork? Make a hash and have eggs to go with. We are having a beef hash and eggs later this week.

I'm going with the pork chop. Grilled pork chop, collard greens, mushrooms gratin and maybe a grilled potato just so the pork chop doesn't get lonley.

Got any frozen cooked roast beef or pork? Make a hash and have eggs to go with. We are having a beef hash and eggs later this week.

That's just it, we are out of leftovers, freezer quick meals. The games are starting, I'm going for a wander through the grocery store and see what I can come up with.

Nice to know we can stash a couple weeks worth of meals...

That's just it, we are out of leftovers, freezer quick meals. The games are starting, I'm going for a wander through the grocery store and see what I can come up with.

Nice to know we can stash a couple weeks worth of meals...

You're going to the store?
Might I suggest the kohlrabi with a nice dill dip?
:LOL:

One of my sons was over for lunch with his wife and I served Buffalo chicken wings and raw veggies with a blue cheese dip...so supper will be a simple affair. I am thinking the potato and leek soup I made yesterday, with a dollop of cream or creme fraiche and some nice crusty toast on the side.

On the topic of the soup, it doesn't seem to be quite as tasty as I would like. I suspect I may have overdone the potato content versus the leeks. Any suggestions for herbs/spices to add to perk it up just a tad?

Soup and sandwich night. Italian meatball and vegetable soup is doing it's thing in the crockpot. I cheated and used some frozen meatballs from costco instead of making them myself. For the sammy I got a sourdough baguette. Will top with turkey and provolone and I'll use a smear of pesto instead of mayo. Roll them up in foil and heat them up in the oven for a few minutes.

Today is TB's Friday so we are planning to go out. I have to be careful not to have fat, garlic, onion, dairy or certain greens. So, we have narrowed it down to Swiss Chalet. I can have the rotisserie chicken (breast quarter), no chalet sauce and either their rice or baked potato (no condiments) and a plain garden salad.

It sounds good to me! :)

Back
Top Bottom