something odd that you eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gjetost, love the stuff. Have a Norwegian sister-in-law and learned to love it (although it took a while). Now I can sit and eat a ton of the stuff. Have found a few brands other the SkiQueen, but they are few and far between.

Now for haggis.

The recipe for haggis starts with:

Clean the sheep, reserve the sheep for another use.

Take the remaining offal and .............

Always thought it would taste awful too, but went to Edinburgh (have some Scottish blood, and at times Scotch in my blood), had a few whiskies, and we ordered a couple of plates.

The stuff has the consistency of cooked ground meat and a mild flavor.

We were smitten.

Then we took my ailing father-in-law to Scotland, and he fell in love with the stuff (in fact he insisted on going to the same place for lunch the next day for a second helping).

I doubt many would object to a good haggis (yes, there is such a thing) if they did not know what it was, or had a few shots of courage first.

Have had haggis in this country and have not been impressed. The problem is you cannot sell lung for human consumption here, and it is a prime ingredient.

A shame in our book.

Well AUNTDOT! You must be a relative! A fan of good haggis AND a whiskey drinker! Yep. My kinda lass.

Okay. The extra bed is yours on Burns Nite. Come early...we'll be havin' treacles and cream for breakfast and homemade lemon curd on the scones. And I make the best haggis in the states. Just ask the neighborhood dogs, who annually howl their approval from afar.

I just knew I'd find a kindred soul on here somewhere....

Back
Top Bottom