Sous.. What's for dinner? 08 January 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrankZ

Site Team
Staff member
I picked up some shrimp and they are going to be done in the sous vide thingy with some old bay. I will have tater tots and cole slaw with it.

What are you having for dinner tonight?

TB is having ham; however it is not on my gallbladder diet. I need to use it up. He will be happy with a Greek salad and pan fried potatoes.

I will have a salad with chicken and avocado.

I'm going to take the leftover sauce from last night and serve it over angel hair. I'm in the mood for green beans to go along, so since I have to pick up green beans I'll also pick up some of the store's rope sausage and saute a couple pieces.

leftovers from Monday...

Pasta with Beef stripes in cream sauce

Attachments

• 2014-01-08 Pasta mit Rind_kl.JPG
    2014-01-08 Pasta mit Rind_kl.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 216
That reminds me, I haven't made beef tips over noodles in a while. Good hearty winter food.

Chicken breasts stuffed with spinach and fresh tomato, wrapped in bacon and baked. Accompanied by roasted potato wedges and broccoli.

Tucked some beer brats into a mess of sauerkraut. That is in the oven along with a couple Russet potatoes I'll mash so they can be a nice bed for the kraut. Need warm comfort food tonight...again.

Stirling ordered pizza and I ordered 10 wings with fries and cole slaw. Stirling's still not feeling well and pizza usually agrees with him. It's his go-to meal when he is ill.

TB is having ham; however it is not on my gallbladder diet. I need to use it up. He will be happy with a Greek salad and pan fried potatoes.

I will have a salad with chicken and avocado.
Nix all of that. The ham can wait after all and I have just come down with another cold so I am having broth and tea, while TB has a burger, potatoes and salad.

When this gallbladder stuff is over with I will really look forward to a real meal ... cooking it and eating it.

I went to see the movie Nebraska with friends in the morning, and this afternoon I've been simmering the Costco chicken carcass with aromatics. I'll use the strained stock to cook some chicken thighs and we'll have chicken and noodles with a green salad.

DH did pre-cooked BBQ ribs, baked potato and cauliflower.
If I had gotten home first it might have been "tater tots". Instead of baked. Lol!
Kind of a theme tonight, right???

Back
Top Bottom