Spanish dinner for March 18th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's funny you should plan a Spanish dinner for next Sat because I plan on making my (Puerto Rican) grandmother's pork shoulder recipe which I have to start to marinate On Thurs. I'll post the recipe later.Love and energy, VIcki

Let me see, a Spanish menu with leftover corned beef.

I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Well, no Spanish meal is complete without Paella. Gaspacho is a common one.

I have a recipe for stuffed squid with a chocolate sauce...it's Spanish, but I know squid makes some squeamish.

Like Auntdot - I'm afraid it's the wrong weekend for me to be thinking about anything other than corned beef.

on the 18th it's going to be:

BREAKFAST: Corned beef hash with eggs
LUNCH: Sliced corned beef on slices of Irish soda bread with brown mustard (with a touch of horseradish) and thin slices of red onion
SUPPER: Warmed up leftover corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, onions and carrots

dh doesn't like corned beef.:wacko: I think he was given canned corned beef as a child and he refuses to even try the good stuff.
Sat is dh's birthday, so we will be having whatever he wants. I doubt he wants Spanish, so for the third week, I'll have to skip it.:(

Where is Dina, by the way?

Does anyone know what Iberian pork or black sausage is? What is a substitution for it?

Last edited:
Well, I guess I'm making Paella, Chorizo Empanadas and a Flan. I know DH will like the empanadas. We'll see about the rest of it.

http://www.recipegoldmine.com/worldspanish/spanish24.html#

Alcachofas Salteadas con Jamón

1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
1/4 cup chopped prosciutto or Serrano ham
1/8 teaspoon coarsely-ground pepper
Minced parsley
Cut artichoke hearts into halves.
Heat oil in 10-inch skillet until hot. Cook and stir artichoke hearts and prosciutto in oil over medium heat until hot and hearts are light golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
Stir in pepper. Sprinkle with parsley.
Yields 3 or 4 servings.

Chicken with Red Peppers (Spain)

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 (3 to 3 1/2 pound) broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
3 medium red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup chopped prosciutto (about 2 ounces)
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Heat oil in 12-inch skillet until hot. Cook chicken over medium heat until brown on all sides, about 15 minutes; remove chicken. Cook and stir onion and garlic in oil until onion is tender.
Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Return chicken to skillet. Simmer uncovered, turning chicken pieces occasionally, until thickest pieces of chicken are done, about 40 minutes.
Remove chicken to warm platter; keep warm. Cook and stir sauce over medium heat until very thick, about 5 minutes; serve over chicken. Garnish with ripe or Kalamata olives if desired.
Yields 6 servings.

And maybe,

Spanish Lentils and Rice

Posted by Keplerkid at recipegoldmine.com 1/6/2002 11:16 am
Source: Bob's Red Mill

1 cup lentils
2 cups water
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup rice (basmati is very good)
2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
2 cups chicken broth
Salt and pepper, to taste
Prepare lentils: Rinse and sort lentils. Cook lentils in water for 20 minutes. Drain.
Prepare rice: Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil until onion is translucent. Add rice and saute until rice is translucent, stirring frequently.
Prepare final dish: To the rice mixture, add lentils, tomatoes, and broth. Bring to a boil, lower heat and partially cover. Cook for an additional 30 minutes or until rice and lentils are tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Yield: 6 cups

I'll be doing mine on Sunday. Paul's taking me to dinner Saturday night.:)

texasgirl said:
Well, I guess I'm making Paella, Chorizo Empanadas and a Flan. I know DH will like the empanadas. We'll see about the rest of it.

Drooling.:)

We'll be having chicken and beef empanadas, yautias,guacamole-I have to use the avacados and a LARGE pitcher of Sangria(for me)-thanks for the idea-the "boys" can have Coronas or Dos Equis ;)!!!!I'm even going to make An

Dinner IS CANCELLED!!!!!:mad:
First I was going to have Jimmy .myself, Dennis and 2 of his friends and Kiersten anad her friend. About 5 minutes ago-Jimmy got called to work, another friend of Dennis' is home and they all decided to go to the local bar for dinner and Kiersten and her friend went shopping for the evening and will eat out.
I'm not a happy camper!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom