"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-20-2007, 10:44 PM   #51
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to college_cook
Most fish... most vegetables...anything spicy.... and oh yeah... onions are the devil.

My fiance' is so picky that I really have no choice besides cooking 2 meals sometimes. The only vegetables she'll eat are potatoes and broccoli, she only likes salmon, and its best if its cooked with asian flavors.

When she requests pasta that means she wants thin spaghetti tossed with some butter and canned parmesan.

I'm able to cook for both of us becaus she likes her food very simple. For instance, some days she simply craves ground beef. Plain. Not served with anything, and barely seasoned. Just. Plain. Ground. Beef.

I imagine this is what its like to cook for a child who is scared of food....

Old 03-20-2007, 10:48 PM   #52
Assistant Cook

If you are into food like I am sure most of the people here are, I would really look at her as a fiance'. that is like one of the golden rules... you must agree on Faith, Finance and Food... :) Work on that before the big day :)

Old 03-20-2007, 10:57 PM   #53
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightschool
If you are into food like I am sure most of the people here are, I would really look at her as a fiance'. that is like one of the golden rules... you must agree on Faith, Finance and Food... :) Work on that before the big day :)
Flightschool, your philosophy is interesting, and has validity. Let me suggest an addition...faith, family and friends. I think combining your three with the ones I've posed, relationships/marriages would have a running chance in today's climate.

Whatcha think? Hmmmm?
Old 03-20-2007, 11:07 PM   #54
Assistant Cook

I really like your thoughts and I must admit that I have just passed the 10 year mark in are marriage. She was never in to food and we are still working on that point. I agree with the friends, and Family points, but I am sure this would not be a Fiance' if that was not the case.

With all that said, me and my wife broke every rule of how to stay together, so do what your heart says and it will all work out.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:39 PM   #55
Assistant Cook

When we first got together, my wife ate lots of things that I couldn't. But as time and situations change, I've tried to at least try some of her food. Now ten years plus later, I eat everything she does. .....Except brussle sprouts.....

Yancey