Spicy Mexican Pot Roast (Pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mylegsbig

Head Chef
Tried out a new recipe tonight i had been brainstorming. Take a traditional pot roast, and give it a mexican twist.

Oh man, this thing came out amazing. The gravy is simply phenomenal.

These are 2lb Eye of Round roasts stuffed with garlic and rubbed with fresh cumin, dried oregano, cracked tellicherry peppercorns, and sea salt.

The veggies are Bell Pepper, Fresh Jalapeno, Yellow Onion, Thyme Sprigs, Garlic, and Carrots.

The braising liquid is 3/4 Pilsner Ale and 1/4 Beef Broth.

This meat is to be shredded and served in warm corn tortillas topped with Cilantro and Lime Juice.

Here are some pics for you guys.

img_424769_0_04eb98fee03fccccbe61723549d6c6c6.jpg

img_424769_1_198a8e0f2d787961095855a75578ce73.jpg

img_424769_2_a691457cd6c296c3d7ba084a5b0281d8.jpg

Hope this inspires some of you to try something similar!

Cheers

Can you give me the details of the cooking procedures? Was this cooked in the oven? Temperature and cooking time? Did you sear the meat first?
I wouldn't ask, if I did not want to make it. There is a lot of Eye of Round meat on the market here and I don't have a really good recipe. It is sold at the grocery store in 10-20 lb packages and the butcher will cut it for you.

thanks guys... Well it was browned how you would normally brown a piece of meat...on medium high in vegetable oil for 2-3 minutes a side. i eyeballed the amount of braising liquid, just enough to cover a lil less than half of the meat and veggies, then i let it braise for 2:45 minutes @ 300 degrees.

Be careful with this one, it was way too spicy for my wife

i used 3 whole jalapenos, i have a feeling 1 jalapeno will be fine for non-chili heads

cheers

Back
Top Bottom