Spin off on Bogus Food........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wrap hotdogs in the crescent rolls about once a month. Mr Half Baked loves them with baked beans and potato salad. I hope he never has to go on a low carb diet.:rolleyes:

Add rotel and chicken or beef to mac n cheese.

Also put crushed up raw ramen noodles on salads. Everyone likes crunchy salad, right?

Another vote here for the ramen noodles. 10 for a buck, you can't beat em. They're great when you drag your tired butt home after work and just happen to have some leftover cooked meats or veggies in the bottom of the fridge. But I always toss out that nasty so called "seasoning " package.

BreezyCooking said:
Did anyone here NOT grow up enjoying "Pigs in a Blanket" made with tiny appetizer-size franks wrapped in Pillsbury Crescent rolls? :)

Oh, Breezy, you beat me to it-------Yes, my kids loved them and they liked making them by themselves----and not just the crescent rolls--any of the packgaged rolls would work as a wrap---2 pinches of grated cheese could also be added for more flavor-----we would bake them on the pizza stone which is why I have the most saturated stone around--nothing will stick to it!!:-p

They are fried before the go into the package. That's why Ramen has a higher amount of calories than I expected.

You must be purchasing different Ramen noodles than I am. I get mine from an Asian grocery - never buy the U.S. brands (yuck).

Anyway, made myself some soup yesterday & based on this thread, tasted some of the noodles raw/uncooked. Disgusting - they melted into glue in my mouth. But are outrageously delicious once cooked into soup.

You all who like to eat them raw are welcome to them - lol!!!

If I remember correctly, the dressing softens and flavors the noodles. My recipe doesn't have you breaking teeth.:LOL:

Made a pizza last night without any pizza sauce. Drained a can of diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion, then buzzed what was left in the blender to smooth it out. Tasted fine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom