Stew in a Blizzard - Minnesotan Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The weather forecasters got it wrong again. We didn't get much of that storm - a bit of snow, a bit of rain. I'm glad we didn't get much of that freezing rain.

Heres one way to put the snow to good use:LOL:

Attachments

• beer-fridge.jpg
    beer-fridge.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 218
I know some of you will think we are wimps with no snow and no freezing rain, but we are told to expect 17 degrees tonight and wind chill in the low teens. I haven't been outside at all today - only as far as the garage to do my laundry. Dh even backed the vehicles out and did his work in the garage. Our son in Tn had snow and ice. He had to work from home today. I made a huge pot of beef vegetable soup and sent some to our neighbor. I made cornbread to go with it for supper and it warmed us up.

I know some of you will think we are wimps with no snow and no freezing rain, but we are told to expect 17 degrees tonight and wind chill in the low teens. I haven't been outside at all today - only as far as the garage to do my laundry. Dh even backed the vehicles out and did his work in the garage. Our son in Tn had snow and ice. He had to work from home today. I made a huge pot of beef vegetable soup and sent some to our neighbor. I made cornbread to go with it for supper and it warmed us up.

I don't think Floridians are wimps. You wrestle alligators and live through hurricanes.:ohmy: You also put up with humidity and heat that would melt me. But it was -5'F in my yard when I went to work this morning. 17'F is almost swimming weather around these parts. It is definitely camping weather. In fact, I took groups of boys out winter camping for multiple years, often in sub-zero weather.

Just don't expect me to have any fun in 90+" weather.:)

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Thanks for the kind words, GoodWeed and Princess. Now I don't feel so guilty. Especially as GoodWeed pointed out about the hurricanes. I moved from Florida to New Orleans!

Also the heat and humidity really do get to me. Thank heaven for A/C and low electric prices here.

Oh, baloney. I just looked over this line and can't find it! Didn't someone write that they were going to have Tshirts made up that say "Minnesotans For Global Warming"???!! I told my husband that and he said he's thinking of copying the idea, "Galenians For Global Warming." He says, whenever a politician gets on his high horse on the subject, that he wants the man to live on our front porch for a few days. Looking at the record books, the past few years we've had record cold weather, which somehow, someone manages to attribute to global warming (puh-leeze do not explain this one to me). Every year I need more, More, MORE de-icer. When I was in the service, I lived in a trailer in North Dakota. It was worse, but I'm not sure how much worse.

Oh, baloney. I just looked over this line and can't find it! Didn't someone write that they were going to have Tshirts made up that say "Minnesotans For Global Warming"???!! I told my husband that and he said he's thinking of copying the idea, "Galenians For Global Warming." He says, whenever a politician gets on his high horse on the subject, that he wants the man to live on our front porch for a few days. Looking at the record books, the past few years we've had record cold weather, which somehow, someone manages to attribute to global warming (puh-leeze do not explain this one to me). Every year I need more, More, MORE de-icer. When I was in the service, I lived in a trailer in North Dakota. It was worse, but I'm not sure how much worse.

Yeah, I had colder winters in Wyoming as a kid. I know our valley is sheltered, but dang, rain, in December???

It is called Global warming. Not Galenian warming. Sure, there are pockets of the earth that will have varying trends, but overall, the earth's average tempurature is warming. Its a big world out there Claire. More than you can see from your front porch.:)

It is called Global warming. Not Galenian warming. Sure, there are pockets of the earth that will have varying trends, but overall, the earth's average tempurature is warming. Its a big world out there Claire. More than you can see from your front porch.:)

A lot of people are calling it global climate change.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom