Stuff I used to eat, but can't choke down now..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just the thought of hotdogs, frankfurters and all those German wursts makes me go green.
Instant whip-type desserts (add powder to milk, stir and leave to thicken), jelly, tinned mandarines, trifle... In fact, all the things I was forced to eat as a kid and now don't have to. Oh the torments of having to swallow poached egg on toast or shoulder of lamb.

Thanks for those memories, GF!! I totally agree!

Also:

pickled beets
sweet pickles
spam mixed w/mac and cheese
potato stroganoff hamburger helper
instant mashed potatoes (I wised up about these as a child)
cheez whiz - although I wouldn't turn it down on a cheesesteak from Philly
El Charrito frozen mexican dinners

Oh, there's more but that's enough for now!

Katy

Pickled beets--one of my favorite foods!!!
Idahoan Instant potatoes.. pretty darn good when you are in a hurry.

I used to like shrimp, quite alot. But now, unless it's breaded and fried, I really don't like it anymore. I think it's a texture thing. I love shrimp burgers, though!! ha!

I used to like shrimp, quite alot. But now, unless it's breaded and fried, I really don't like it anymore. I think it's a texture thing. I love shrimp burgers, though!! ha!

I liked them too, and then I got pregnant! I couldn't deal with the
smell of ANY seafood or shellfish with my first and with my second I
camped over the commode for the first 20 weeks and couldn't stand
the smell of ANYTHING!:LOL: I recovered my tolerance for pretty much
everything except anything that comes out of the water and now I
just can't do it! my youngest is 3 now and I guess I will never like
the stuff again...

I adored shrimp as a child, then went through probably 30 years as an adult where, tho I didn't hate them, I never ordered them, and didn't eat them when served on a buffet. Now I again love them. Go figure! :huh:

Haggis??? Oh dear! that's on my list of 12 things that, having tried, I won't be eating again. :wacko::sick:

I adored shrimp as a child, then went through probably 30 years as an adult where, tho I didn't hate them, I never ordered them, and didn't eat them when served on a buffet. Now I again love them. Go figure! :huh:

Haggis??? Oh dear! that's on my list of 12 things that, having tried, I won't be eating again. :wacko::sick:

there are some things in life that should just never be...
and that is one of them. I will see your little green guy up there
and raise you about 10 more. another thing that is just better
left alone is menudo.

I grew up in a house where you had meat, usually beef, at every meal. In high school I worked at McDonalds and ate their food three times a day. Now, I can't stand the sight of raw meat and the only meat that even smells good anymore is bacon and I can't even picture myself eating that.

Ellakav said:
another thing that is just better
left alone is menudo.

Sunday mornings, the smell of menudo wafts through the air in our neighborhood, as it is prepared and sold from the doorstep to treat hangovers. It actually smells pretty good: lots of onions, garlic, chiles, tomatoes. But I see it in the markets BEFORE it is cooked, and I will pass.

Sunday mornings, the smell of menudo wafts through the air in our neighborhood, as it is prepared and sold from the doorstep to treat hangovers. It actually smells pretty good: lots of onions, garlic, chiles, tomatoes. But I see it in the markets BEFORE it is cooked, and I will pass.

EXACTLY. it DOES smell great, though. I'll give it that.:neutral:

there are some things in life that should just never be...
and that is one of them. I will see your little green guy up there
and raise you about 10 more. another thing that is just better
left alone is menudo.

have to say I have had menudo that I thought was awful, but that was because I had already had some that was SO fabulously good, I could have eaten three bowlsful! so it CAN be delicious. I think it depends upon who's cooking it. The fab stuff was at a little hole in the wall in the Pilsen neighborhood in Chicago.

have to say I have had menudo that I thought was awful, but that was because I had already had some that was SO fabulously good, I could have eaten three bowlsful! so it CAN be delicious. I think it depends upon who's cooking it. The fab stuff was at a little hole in the wall in the Pilsen neighborhood in Chicago.

it's what it is made OF that I can't get past...:yuk:

The fab stuff was at a little hole in the wall in the Pilsen neighborhood in Chicago.
Isn't that always the case. The best Indian food I've had in a restaurant was in Sacramento, of all places, in a place with half a dozen seats, run by a woman who barely spoke a word of English.

For me it would be anything overly sweet.

Even as a kid - while I liked chocolate - I didn't like cake or candy. Preferred fruit pies/cobblers, etc., unsweetened whipped cream (REAL whipped cream - even as a kid I hated Cool Whip).

These days, I only like dark chocolate & vaguely sweet desserts. Don't even care for sweet fruit pie all that much anymore. Once in awhile I'll get a hankering for it, but it really is "once in awhile".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom