Stuff I want to like, but don't

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the better question would be why wouldn't you want to like something that you currently do not like?

For me, I would want to like every single thing that I do not like. If I had to pick one thing though it would be eggs. I can't stand eggs in any way shape or form. That makes going out for breakfast very difficult. Next time you go out for breakfast take a look at how many options there are if you don't eat eggs. You will easily get rid of 90% of the menu.

GB - That's in my category of even though I "don't" like, I keep an open mind for different ways of preparing it. I will try it (and not leave leftovers for those so kind to have provided), but I may still dislike it, and I have no inclination to think "gee, I wish I liked that". If I do, great, if I don't fine. I just will/will not prepare at home or in a restaurant based on that.

But that doesn't change my underlying thoughts about an item. If I liek it? great. If I don', why should I?

Patty1 brought up a good point that I think causes me to consider a different direction on the question.

What is it that you like a lot, but due to unavailability or cost, you do not have as often as you'd like?

That question makes a lot more sense to me. For my example, I love fresh fish. Fried, baked, broiled, grilled, in foil, etc., but due to it's cost, and the fact I am frugal, I do not eat it in the volume I'd like. OTOH, I love potato dishes. But because I think the best potatoes in the world are grown in Europe, and I do not have access to them, I will not eat potatoes in the volume I would, had I that access.

That is my spin on the OP question, and thanks to Patty1's response I could quantify.

Bob

i try things i dislike until i like them, until i at least tolerate them, because i'm not picky & choose to remain that way.

If I truly dislike something I never get to the "tolerate" point. I don't know how you can do that to yourself :LOL: It could be a preparation issue so I will give things a repeated try until I finally figure out it's just "aint gonna happen."

Casper - I WANT to like everything...doesn't mean it's going to happen...I view this as simply a "what if" question.

I think the better question would be why wouldn't you want to like something that you currently do not like?

For me, I would want to like every single thing that I do not like. If I had to pick one thing though it would be eggs. I can't stand eggs in any way shape or form. That makes going out for breakfast very difficult. Next time you go out for breakfast take a look at how many options there are if you don't eat eggs. You will easily get rid of 90% of the menu.

GB - That's in my category of even though I "don't" like, I keep an open mind for different ways of preparing it. I will try it (and not leave leftovers for those so kind to have provided), but I may still dislike it, and I have no inclination to think "gee, I wish I liked that". If I do, great, if I don't fine. I just will/will not prepare at home or in a restaurant based on that.

But that doesn't change my underlying thoughts about an item. If I liek it? great. If I don', why should I?

Patty1 brought up a good point that I think causes me to consider a different direction on the question.

What is it that you like a lot, but due to unavailability or cost, you do not have as often as you'd like?

That question makes a lot more sense to me. For my example, I love fresh fish. Fried, baked, broiled, grilled, in foil, etc., but due to it's cost, and the fact I am frugal, I do not eat it in the volume I'd like. OTOH, I love potato dishes. But because I think the best potatoes in the world are grown in Europe, and I do not have access to them, I will not eat potatoes in the volume I would, had I that access.

That is my spin on the OP question, and thanks to Patty1's response I could quantify.

Bob

Why are you over analyzing a simple question? It is JUST a thread topic.:wacko: You can always start your own thread, like I did. "Stuff I used to eat that I can't choke down now?"

Why are you over analyzing a simple question? It is JUST a thread topic.:wacko: You can always start your own thread, like I did. "Stuff I used to eat that I can't choke down now?"

LOL Patty - That's the way I viewed it - - - just a question. I really would like to love all foods. The most analyzing I'm going to do is to say that the ICK foods make the YUM foods that much better!!!! :LOL: If we loved everything would there be any yum foods?

Okay everyone, I give you all permission to laugh.

I don't particularly care for cake.

And this isn't just because I am exposed to it so much in my work, this has been all my life. I am not too much for the texture and don't like anything super sweet (ie the icing).
I actually prefer my chocolate cake un-iced. Just spread a little soft butter on top..

OK.. Raw Oysters... just can't develop a taste for them..
Liver.. smells great!.. makes me gag..
Eggs.. the only way I eat them if there is enough stuff to hide the flavor(omelets, skillets etc).. except for boiled eggs which I like(hard boiled)..go figure..
Caviar.....just fish flavored salt to my tastebuds...

Okay everyone, I give you all permission to laugh.

I don't particularly care for cake.

And this isn't just because I am exposed to it so much in my work, this has been all my life. I am not too much for the texture and don't like anything super sweet (ie the icing).

OK - I just read this one...I'm sure glad you gave me permission, otherwise I'd have to do it WITHOUT permission! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I'm just like my dad and the two of us use to drive my poor mother to hysterics...Mom could take a cake and make her version of frosting and everyone would rave about it..Dad and I would sit down, and procede to scrape off the icing and put it into a napkin that then was deposited on the garbage..Mom would get so angry at us, each time she would swear never ever again to bake a cake...:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: Poor thing her icings alone were so good..yet on a cake blech...
kadesma:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom