Suggestions For Party?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimbaby

Executive Chef
I am throwing my hubby a birthday party sun. he will be 36,
I want to have a casual yet nice Party, any ideas or suggestions?
I need help everything from menu to themes...:)
all help is encouraged and needed... I will check back later today
to see your ideas...
Thanks!

Your husband's preferences could be your guide. After all, it is his birthday. Let him be the true center of attention and feel treated and pampered. What is his favorite type of food? That is, Mexican, Italian, Chinese, etc.

If it's Mexican, then you can prepare all sorts of wonderful Mexican dishes and decorate using a theme to match. Very colorful and tasty. Many of the dishes lend themselves to being prepared ahead so you will be able to enjoy the preparations and the party. You can make your party as formal or as casual as you need.

You can do the same with any other kind of cuisine and with the Internet to give you resources, you should be able to pull off a great party.

I usually let my husband decide on the menu on his birthday. A lot of times when I'm having a lot of people over I make a bunch of appetizer's, some easy (shrimp cocktail), some do ahead (dips like my curry chicken spread etc.) and some to be baked as needed. Always a crudite tray with dip (roasted red pepper veggie dip in nice).

AS far as decorating - birthdays are always a birthday theme around here. A "Happy Birthday" sign, balloons, curly ribbons etc.

At my house, we do not put all our efforts into one major event (party). It's an all day celebration. Up and early finding that birthday person and verbally saying quitely "it's your birthday!" It's a pampered morning giving them the extra time to leisurely dress and come in for breakfast. A blender of fruit smoothies, fresh baked pastries, and a light breakfast. A few pieces of funny birthday clipart and a birthday hug from all. If there is a special gift to share, give it to them in the morning.
It is a tradition for the birthday person to take a treat to work or school for coworkers and classmates. Something easy that needs no prep like a candy bowl, cookie jar, cheese/cracker tray. And send a birthday gram via florist. Have their birthday announced on the radio or newspaper. Send an e-mail.
Have an open house party in the evening stocked with beverages and snacks. Create a bunch of mindless effort games and maybe karaoke. When most of the guest have arrived, bring out the cake. Put on some interesting music and relax.

I think I would go with a bunch of appetizers, assorted beverages, cake of course, games, music. I guess I would need more info about what your husband likes to help you out better, but those would be my first thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom