Sunday 1/2/11 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to make some nachos and dip for the afternoon and some quesadillas tonight. Maybe with mole sauce.
Do you catch your own moles? It's a little unsportsmanlike, don't you think, considering they are pretty much blind! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

We ate such a late lunch that I haven't even thought about what to fix for supper. Maybe grilled cheese sandwiches.

:)Barbara
(And yes, I know what mole sauce is and that it is pronounced differently!)

I don't know how to put one of those accent/puncuation thingies in my words or I would have ;)
Plans have changed anyway, so the moles are safe.

I don't know how to put one of those accent/puncuation thingies in my words or I would have ;)
I don't either (the punctuation) other than misspelling it--then sometimes it gives you the option with the accent.

I have had it twice I think. The first was ok, but the second--well, let's just say that it couldn't have been any worse if it had mole (the animal) sauce on it!

:)Barbara

Going to a friend's place for supper. It will be some sort of Thai pork or roast beast. That's what we call it too, Alix.

;) I kinda forgot I said it that way! LOL!

Today was going to be fried chicken in my new DO!!! I got busy though and totally forgot to soak the chicken or get any oil etc etc, so that will have to wait til later in the week. (Wed maybe?)

The Brandied Chicken is in the oven right now, smelling deeeeelicious! I am going to saute onions, mushrooms and zucchini as our veggie side and I'll do some pasta to have as our starch. The sauce for the chicken goes well with the pasta. Salad will be either green, or if I have enough energy I'll do a caesar. Wine will be a most excellent cab my sister made.

We just got home from the movies.......ykies, is it ever rainy and cold out there. Forty five degrees in the afternoon is practically unheard of here...brrrr.
We're having "clean out fridge" night here, but I have to have some green salad. All this rich heavy food this season has made me feel like a big bloated slug........ugh.
Tomorrow is the first Monday of the new year.....time to get reasonable again.

I didn't make any meals today. But I am baking a smoked turkey to cut up and use for meals/freeze. Going to make Turkey A La King (my own easy peasy cheat creation) for supper this week.

Made 5 servings of oatmeal to take for breakfast this week and prepped/chopped veggies for salads, etc.

Steak fajitas. Steak, monterey jack cheese, onions, pepper, tortilla, salsa, and a little sriracha.

^Yum, Mark!

P.S. Re: My prior post...I have to taste test the turkey so I am boiling some sweet potatoes and will mash those and have a little turkey, a roll and some cranberry sauce.;) No one else likes the cranberry sauce so I can sneak it in tonight for myself!

Frank roasted a goose after brining it. he covered it in strips of bacon while it roasted. Sides were potatoes fried in goose fat and leftover red cabbage with apples. Totally yummy! :)

Now only if there were some cake for dessert! :rolleyes:

~Kathleen

Frank roasted a goose after brining it. he covered it in strips of bacon while it roasted. Sides were potatoes fried in goose fat and leftover red cabbage with apples. Totally yummy! :)

Now only if there were some cake for dessert! :rolleyes:

~Kathleen

I'm still working on getting you both a pie...:ROFLMAO:

French toast with fried slices of imported deli ham.

img_954283_0_c92e02036a644a8a43daa2a9aeadbbe0.jpg

I'm on a MAC using Firefox and I do the accent like this:

molé Type 'mol' then hold down the ALT/OPTION key and type the letter e. This will give you an accent with no letter under it. Then type the letter you want and it's done.

I'm assuming PCs have similar steps.

I'm on a MAC using Firefox and I do the accent like this:

molé Type 'mol' then hold down the ALT/OPTION key and type the letter e. This will give you an accent with no letter under it. Then type the letter you want and it's done.

I'm assuming PCs have similar steps.

Thanks. I just got it figured out, with the help of Ask About . com
I'm on a PC using XP and I had to change a couple settings in my control panel/languages to say United States International. And in my case you hold down the right alt button. So I can type Molé and Jalapeño all my heart desires :LOL:
I don't know why it just doesn't come set up that way. It doesn't appear to affect anything else. And that was always a peeve of mine not being able to spell them correctly. You can also hold down shift + alt and type a number code, but you can only use the keypad that way and my laptop doesn't have a keypad.
Interesting things you find out about these computers...

Back
Top Bottom