"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 01-30-2011, 10:52 AM   #11
Master Chef

aw, i wanna get over 2 the deli & get kielbossy. got plenty of eggs & potato here!

Old 01-30-2011, 11:44 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Kind of sliding into the day and have only decided that I'm going to cook our 4-pound chicken on the oven rotisserie. I'll shove some butter, garlic cloves and fresh rosemary under the skin of the breast and thighs and slather it with olive oil before it hits the oven.

Sides? Not sure. I'm going to let inspiration slap me sometime before dinner...I hope. Two-layer pineapple cake with boiled icing for dessert.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:55 AM   #13
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

We went shopping yesterday and I ended up buying sushi for my self and Shrk bought a roasted beet salad for him self. So, today is fish tacos and lemon cake.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #14
Master Chef

I've never tried it in quiche, but have in almost any other recipe requiring milk. I think it would be great.

Oh, dear, sometimes I think I'm responding right after someone has posted. I mean buttermilk.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:03 PM   #15
Master Chef

Got up this morning meaning to make burgers for supper, but husband had expressed an interest in going to town for lunch, and burgers at our favorite "locals only" bar (most of the restaurants in town are tourist-oriented) is a favorite spot for a lunch, so I had intended on making potato leek soup later this week, and moved that to supper tonight.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:12 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I've never tried it in quiche, but have in almost any other recipe requiring milk. I think it would be great.

Oh, dear, sometimes I think I'm responding right after someone has posted. I mean buttermilk.
Thanks, Claire. it does sound good doesn't it. I don't have a lot left now, so I'll just use it in the Bisquick crust. I only need enough dough for my little casserole, so I can drink the rest. MMMMM love buttermilk.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:46 PM   #17
Admiral of the Texas Navy

Overcast and rainy here today. If it clears by 2:00 smoked chicken breast fillets. If it's still too wet to use the smoker, I'll butterfly the fillets and pan-fry. Parmesan and potato gratin.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:57 PM   #18
Senior Cook

Tomato bisque for lunch and alfredo pasta for dinner. Not bad this week.

//www.lowcarbgrub.com
megamark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:00 PM   #19
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty_caliber View Post
Overcast and rainy here today. If it clears by 2:00 smoked chicken breast fillets. If it's still too wet to use the smoker, I'll butterfly the fillets and pan-fry. Parmesan and potato gratin.

Do you brine the chix? Do you wrap in bacon? You WILL smoke them and post pix, right!
Old 01-30-2011, 01:33 PM   #20
Admiral of the Texas Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAL View Post
Do you brine the chix? Do you wrap in bacon? You WILL smoke them and post pix, right!
No brine, or bacon. Just a little olive oil and my home-made "Texas XXX" rub slow smoked at 170 for 4 hours. Unfortunately, I am unable to share the recipe since it's a secret of the Republic. I did post a hint over here...

Tags
cooking