Sunday, 1/30/2011, What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love sauerkraut and kielbasa.....it should be regular food! :ROFLMAO:

I made my chocolate challenge dinner tonight. You all will evidently have to wait to see though! I cannot wait!

Kielbasa IS regular food.

Waiting, waiting, waiting.

I have been busy for most of the day and here are the rewards.

Browned Meatballs

Browned Braciole

Meatballs, Braciole & sausage simmered in sauce

Rigatoni topped with fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses, sausage, and homemade Braciole & meatballs, salad and garlic bread.

I'm not even hungry and I'm ready to start on one end of this.:pig:

Last edited:
It went great. I didn't have to go without food at all. I could eat all I wanted. I just had to limit it to vegetables, fruits, nuts, grains, and water. No sugar or artificial sweeteners, no chemical additives of any kind, no dairy, meat, or leavening of any kind. I could use olive oil and canola oil, salt, pepper, and any spices (as long as they didn't have preservatives). I lost 17 pounds and never really felt hungry (a little at first). Yes, it gets a little boring, but it wasn't about the food so much. It was about learning discipline and cleaning out the body. I can't go too much into it here (because it is religious based), but it was equally about the body, soul, and spirit. I'm glad I did it, but I'm also glad it is over. I learned a lot, and I will adjust some of my eating habits.

:)Barbara

Just to settle a debate with a friend, what do you consider Dairy?

Just to settle a debate with a friend, what do you consider Dairy?
The Daniel Fast included only vegetables, fruit, nuts, grains, and water, so that would exclude what anyone would consider dairy. I was not allowed milk, yogurt, cheese, ice cream, powdered milk, canned milk, ice milk, butter--if it wasn't one of the things I listed as ok, it was not ok on the fast. :cool: I could have used soy milk, since it is not from a cow or goat or any other animal that gives milk.

:)Barbara

My toothache subsided for awhile, so I went ahead and made my quiche. It was so easy.

I had looked up a bunch of quiche recipes, and noticed that the ratio of milk to eggs was pretty varied so i guessed that I had wiggle room.

I made a Bisquick crust, pressed up the sides of my little casserole dish.

I put grated Swiss cheese down as the bottom layer as cheese on the bottom is supposed to eliminate soggy crust.

Next some drained, thawed spinach. I just put down dollops all around, then some

cream cheese dollops between those of the spinach.

Another layer Swiss cheese.

I like the cottage cheese topping from my Hamburger Onion Pie recipe, so I mixed about a cup of cottage cheese with 4 eggs and spread it all over the pie.

It was wonderful.

The crust was 1/2"+ biscuit, nice and tender and done perfectly.

And, I DID forget the Nutmeg, even though I took it out and put it on the counter. :chef:

I'm going to nuke some shortly for breakfast and I'll try a sprinkle of nutmeg then.

Last edited:
My toothache subsided for awhile, so I went ahead and made my quiche. It was so easy.

I had looked up a bunch of quiche recipes, and noticed that the ratio of milk to eggs was pretty varied so i guessed that I had wiggle room.

I made a Bisquick crust, pressed up the sides of my little casserole dish.

I put grated Swiss cheese down as the bottom layer as cheese on the bottom is supposed to eliminate soggy crust.

Next some drained, thawed spinach. I just put down dollops all around, then some

cream cheese dollops between those of the spinach.

Another layer Swiss cheese.

I like the cottage cheese topping from my Hamburger Onion Pie recipe, so I mixed about a cup of cottage cheese with 4 eggs and spread it all over the pie.

It was wonderful.

The crust was 1/2"+ biscuit, nice and tender and done perfectly.

And, I DID forget the Nutmeg, even though I took it out and put it on the counter. :chef:

I'm going to nuke some shortly for breakfast and I'll try a sprinkle of nutmeg then.
I'm so glad you got a bit of relief and a proper dinner to eat Z! I think I will have a meatball for breakfast!! LOL

Last edited:
I am impressed !!! I don't even like chocolate but hubby does.I noticed you didn't let chocolate take over the meal awesome !! :chef:

Josie

I had a blast making it. Presentation is a weak area for me, so I spent time considering food that would look pretty on its own. I like chocolate, but did not want to have a sweet chocolate flavor throughout. Making some of the dishes more intense than others and building flavors kept me from feeling burned out with chocolate by the time the very chocolaty dessert arrived.

Back
Top Bottom