"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 01-31-2011, 06:07 AM   #51
Master Chef
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
My toothache subsided for awhile, so I went ahead and made my quiche. It was so easy.

I had looked up a bunch of quiche recipes, and noticed that the ratio of milk to eggs was pretty varied so i guessed that I had wiggle room.

I made a Bisquick crust, pressed up the sides of my little casserole dish.

I put grated Swiss cheese down as the bottom layer as cheese on the bottom is supposed to eliminate soggy crust.

Next some drained, thawed spinach. I just put down dollops all around, then some

cream cheese dollops between those of the spinach.

Another layer Swiss cheese.

I like the cottage cheese topping from my Hamburger Onion Pie recipe, so I mixed about a cup of cottage cheese with 4 eggs and spread it all over the pie.

It was wonderful.

The crust was 1/2"+ biscuit, nice and tender and done perfectly.

And, I DID forget the Nutmeg, even though I took it out and put it on the counter.

I'm going to nuke some shortly for breakfast and I'll try a sprinkle of nutmeg then.
I'm so glad you got a bit of relief and a proper dinner to eat Z! I think I will have a meatball for breakfast!! LOL

Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:14 AM   #52
Head Chef

Originally Posted by KathleenA View Post
I did the Chocolate Challenge! My meal with pictures is located here.

I am impressed !!! I don't even like chocolate but hubby does.I noticed you didn't let chocolate take over the meal awesome !!

Practice Random Acts of Kindness ( RAK ) Makes you feel great too
Josie1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:44 PM   #53
Chef Extraordinaire
very cool
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:21 PM   #54
Originally Posted by Josie1945 View Post
I am impressed !!! I don't even like chocolate but hubby does.I noticed you didn't let chocolate take over the meal awesome !!

I had a blast making it. Presentation is a weak area for me, so I spent time considering food that would look pretty on its own. I like chocolate, but did not want to have a sweet chocolate flavor throughout. Making some of the dishes more intense than others and building flavors kept me from feeling burned out with chocolate by the time the very chocolaty dessert arrived.

A little bit Ginger. A little bit Mary Ann.
Kathleen is offline   Reply With Quote