Sunday, 1/9/2011, What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whipping up a batch of my award winning, internationally famous, indescribably delicious split pea soup for dinner tonight.

OK, OK, we like it.

Whipping up a batch of my award winning, internationally famous, indescribably delicious split pea soup for dinner tonight.

OK, OK, we like it.
:LOL:

I am pretty sure it's gonna be chili tonight.

NY Strip steaks from a loin I bought a few months ago, had sliced, and portioned/vacuum sealed. Also some baked potatoes I think.

Good grief, it's a dang good thing I put dinner on before I came here!! Everything looks and sounds out of this world wonderful. No wonder I hang around with you peeps! Some of my "no cook" local friends, have stopped doing a double take when I talk about my cooking buddies here.....you are all rock stars in my book!

I have on a pot of My Shortcut Chili Verde, and it sure smells like a Mexican mama's house here, even though I'm Irish and German. Buen Comer!!

Good grief, it's a dang good thing I put dinner on before I came here!! Everything looks and sounds out of this world wonderful. No wonder I hang around with you peeps! Some of my "no cook" local friends, have stopped doing a double take when I talk about my cooking buddies here.....you are all rock stars in my book!

I have on a pot of My Shortcut Chili Verde, and it sure smells like a Mexican mama's house here, even though I'm Irish and German. Buen Comer!!
Thank you K!!

We had Route 66 chili. I bought the chili kit from Cracker Barrel. It had mixed dry beans and a packet of spices. The recipe has unsweetened cocoa powder but it didn’t kill the heat. I didn't soak the beans, just stuck them in the pressure cooker and 15 minutes later they were beans!! LOL

Chili & rice topped with sour cream, shredded cheddar & green onions.

img_957656_0_7b794b77de2fedcb4ccd58fd521ca009.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you K!!

We had Route 66 chili. I bought the chili kit from Cracker Barrel. It had mixed dry beans and a packet of spices. The recipe has unsweetened cocoa powder but it didn’t take kill the heat. I didn't soak the beans, just stuck them in the pressure cooker and 15 minutes later they were beans!! LOL

Chili & rice topped with sour cream, shredded cheddar & green onions.

That is some nice looking chile!

Bun, rice vermicelli on a base of spinach with some seasoned, julienned zuchini. This topped with some spring rolls that a Vietnamese friend taught me to make. Yumm, yumm.

I'm making Orange Ginger Salmon with brown rice, garnished with scallions. Steamed broccoli on the side.

:LOL::LOL:My chili is on. Oh well.

Oh chili is always a winner!!

I ended up marinating the steaks in teriyaki and due to some added unexpected guests had to do a couple of chicken breasts on the grill. I quick marinated them in Italian dressing. I meant to take pics but forgot! We ended up deep frying some frozen potatoes did not get a chance to run out for potatoes to make baked. It was still good tho! Added some veggies and applesauce. The dog got the "fat" and grizzle so she was happy too!

Best part was having everyone around the table, and getting them all to wait for me to finish cooking before they started eating. ;)

I made cream of mushroom soup using dried mushrooms. It was okay. I probably won't make it again that way.

I have done this and had good results. It's important to completely rehydrate them before using them. While the are rehydrating you can be sauteeing the onion and garlic in butter, once they are sauteed, stir in your flour, salt and pepper. Cook for a little to get rid of the flour taste. Drain your mushrooms, save the liquid!!!! Fine chop some, leave others bit bigger. Stir into your roux and cook for about 5 minutes, keep stirring. Slowly stir in your soak liquid, cook until thickened. Just before serving, stir in cream or milk product of choice. Arrgh! Heaven!:pig:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom