Sunday, 1/9/2011, What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Well it will either be meatloaf, meatballs or chili. Can you tell I have ground beef to use!! LOL And I wanna try making dry beans for the first time in my pressure cooker; for the chili.

Any plans?

I plan on doing a complete revamp of the fridge. I can't even get a stalk of celery in there.

I know there's food in there from Christmas...and the trash is picked up on Monday, time to clean.

Tomorrow, on Sunday...:) I will be baking a mac 'n cheese with bacon and broccoli.

I don't really have a clue yet. Unless James wants something specific I might make hot dogs and macaroni and cheese for him, plus either cauliflower or broccoli (or some of each). For me, it will be an assortment of vegetables, fruit, and nuts. I have some fresh cauliflower and broccoli that need to be eaten soon, as well as some carrots. I will be shopping tomorrow, but I want to eat what is in there first.

:)Barbara

"Smells like Thanksgiving". When I first developed this recipe, it was with Chicken. But I have some Turkey Cutlets to make it with. They did not thaw out in time to have on Saturday so it is Sunday's Dinner.

Clean out the fridge day: Breakfast was turkey ham and Swiss cheese on honey wheat, toasted open faced.

Lunch will be my taster cup (12 oz. cobalt blue glass) filled with MsMofet's Confetti Soup. I did manage to save a container with 2 C for the freezer, as well as a 2 C container of the seasoned chicken broth.

Dinner will be the chicken meat from the chicken stock, I'm still thinking about how to fix it.

Clean out the fridge day: Breakfast was turkey ham and Swiss cheese on honey wheat, toasted open faced.

Lunch will be my taster cup (12 oz. cobalt blue glass) filled with MsMofet's Confetti Soup. I did manage to save a container with 2 C for the freezer, as well as a 2 C container of the seasoned chicken broth.

Dinner will be the chicken meat from the chicken stock, I'm still thinking about how to fix it.
Homemade Chicken a la king? Over rice :LOL:

Got mushrooms? Someone in another thread has a GALLON!! LOL
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nope, but am using cream of mushroom soup, a little pimento and a package of cooked colored bell peppers I saved and froze in a baggie.

I am going to marinade the chicken in some cooking sherry. I know, I know, but I've got to use it up and sherry sounds good for ala king.:chef:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nope, but am using cream of mushroom soup, a little pimento and a package of cooked colored bell peppers I saved and froze in a baggie.

I am going to marinade the chicken in some cooking sherry. I know, I know, but I've got to use it up and sherry sounds good for ala king.:chef:
I feel like your remote access personal chef. ROTFL:LOL:

Late lunch or early dinner which ever you want to call it was Mongolian Beef

img_957522_0_406ccc34537a016075648a03316ab366.jpg

Pulling out all the stops today. We have guests coming for dinner.

40 clove chicken
Parmesan Reggiano potato gratin
Caesar Salad
fresh baked sourdough bread.
Goodweed's pumpkin pie

I needed protein and veggies for lunch!! My girl and I shared the other 1/2 of the flank steak I didn't cook (8 oz) last night.

Lunch -

Flank steak grilled on cast iron stove top 1 burner grill pan with cast iron weight

img_957553_0_2ed4dbc85646928776ac50fb37ad90b5.jpg

Lunch – Grilled Flank steak (seasoned with Penzeys Cajun seasoning, Penzeys 4/S seasoned sea salt, ground peppercorns and my all purpose seasoning blend) and mixed salad (European blend, Italian blend and baby spinach topped with tomato, sliced mushroom cap, raw broccoli, sliced green onion, shredded cheddar, slivered almonds, McCormick Salad Supreme Perfect Pinch) dressed with Good Seasons Basil Vinaigrette dressing with ½ tsp whole grain Dijon mustard added.

img_957553_1_aa332f90130bee17d72daa893a671c01.jpg

Pulling out all the stops today. We have guests coming for dinner.

40 clove chicken
Parmesan Reggiano potato gratin
Caesar Salad
fresh baked sourdough bread.
Goodweed's pumpkin pie

Oh dear lord. That sounds soooooo good. Sigh. I want what you're having now!

We're having nibbly night. Teriyaki chicken wings, spring rolls, pork dumplings, boneless dry ribs and a pile of veggies and dip.

Woke up with the first cold I have had in years. Made some chicken noodle soup for lunch. Feeling too miserable to do any real cooking but if someone were to make me a feast I would eat it just for the comfort of it. Not really hungry just want to eat. The soup did what I wanted it to, soothed my throat. Those grandmothers of ours really knew what they were doing, chicken soup wise.

Woke up with the first cold I have had in years. Made some chicken noodle soup for lunch. Feeling too miserable to do any real cooking but if someone were to make me a feast I would eat it just for the comfort of it. Not really hungry just want to eat. The soup did what I wanted it to, soothed my throat. Those grandmothers of ours really knew what they were doing, chicken soup wise.
I hope you feel better soon. If you can find rosehip and hibiscus tea drank many cups with a bit of honey. Loaded with vitamin c and it really does help.

Attachments

• rosehip-tea.jpg
    rosehip-tea.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 78
Back
Top Bottom