Sunday 10-19 Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've always wanted to try osso buco (braised veal shanks) so they're simmering in the Dutch oven now. Perfect for a sunny but chilly fall day. Pretty soon I'll start the saffron risotto to go with them; we'll also have a green salad and garlic bread.

I think it was last week on another thread about things your mom made you eat as a kid and refuse to eat now. My immediate answer was anything with the words Hamburger Helper on it. Soon after that I found a recipe for homemade Hamburger Helper and I made it tonight. It was delicious! My husband even said, "This is definately a repeat dish."

After spending two weeks having major portions of our house painted (interiors) and practically having to live in my kitchen from 7-5, I was happy to take a few days off cooking. Out for burgers with friends on Friday, sent out for pizza yesterday, and today was a collection of cheeses, pate, condiments and a baguette. I'm ready to get back in the saddle tomorrow. When I was stuck in the kitchen, heck, I might as well cook, so did a fair number of high-prep dishes.

We ended up going to the Brown Cow and sharing a Sundae, when we got home she had soup and I had a salad. Kids had a pizza party at church.

My Chicken Breasts with Balsamic Vinegar and Garlic turned out very well. I took pictures but can't find my camera cable so they will have to wait.

Here is the picture, though it is a little blurred.

Attachments

• balsamicchicken.jpg
    balsamicchicken.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom