Sunday 10-19 Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

love2"Q"

Head Chef
No one else is cooking ?
we have the "Q" going today ... trying a rump roast low and slow ..
also doing a rack of spares cut st louis style ..
baked beans and potato salad to go with it ..
DW is making cookies .. so what are you doing ..

I am going to do something with a pork tenderloin, not sure what yet. And since its a bit fallish here today, going to bake an Amish apple pie.

I've got the "Q" going, too ;)
So it will either be my first attempt at brisket..... or frozen pizza :LOL:
Fired up the food processor around 7:00 this morning and made some slaw. Aaaaand..... Another attempt at NYT crusty bread today, too.

I'm gonna take the chinese greens that didn't go into my batch of kimchi and stirfry them.
Probably with some catfish. Not sure how yet, but most likely simple...
greens, peppers, mushrooms, garlic, fish and a light sauce.
Over noodles.

?? If Paulie ever gets done changing the oil in the car ( he keeps finding one more thing that needs to be done) I'll head out to safeway. I'm in the mood for fish of some kind but not sure what kind Halibut I think.

have me center cut chops I need to make in the fridge and I really wanted to cook some barley....but I'm not feeling the combo, so prob mash tators! I also wish I had some shakin bake but.....used it all up last time:neutral:

Have some chicken pieces laying out, not exactly sure what I am doing with them yet. More decisions to make!

It's a nice cool fall day here...finally! I'm thinking a nice dinner of bacon, eggs, hashbrowns and some fresh fruit with some hot out of the oven biscuits would be nice! We haven't had breakfast for dinner in quite some time!

I know what I was going to make but now husband wants to go out for pizza. Sunday=pizza for him

What is Amish apple pie? I went apple picking this a.m. and am trying to think of something besides regular pie to make.

Okay, so I guess I am officially back and I am making this for dinner. Probably just a mixed greens salad as a side since it is just DH and I tonight.

HI Laurie!, I get that news letter too. I've saved this recipe. Let me know if you like it.

We're invited to dinner at friends' and I just finished making an orange yogurt cake to bring over.

MMMMMM, is this a "shareable" recipe? Sounds intriguing.

I have a recipe for an orange marmalade cake that was actually a running item in a series of books I have loved over the years. Fans of the books begged for the "recipe" so the author had a pastry chef develop it for her and published in a cookbook that tied into the series.

But I think the yoghurt sounds lighter than the marmalade.

Not sure yet. The kids are getting dropped off at the church for boys and girls club so we will be going out somewhere.

If I've ever been clueless, today is the day!
Only had 1 kid all weekend, so DH, legogirl and I went on 2 dates this weekend and ate out.
I don't think I even remember where my kitchen is....
I have pork chops from the grocery to put away....
but i really just want a salad after all that "out" food!!!

We are having a pasta sauce made out of short ribs over tagliatelle, a Caesar salad, garlic bread, apple crisp and ice cream

kadesma

Had a late lunch (2:00pm) of spaghetti and garlic bread. Supper will be a big bowl of popcorn with maybe some sliced apples with caramel dipping sauce.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom