Sunday 11/27/2016 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I made my cream of turkey soup (turkey, bacon, scallions, long grain and wild rice, broken pimento stuffed green olives, turkey gravy from t-day and turkey stock). I used the bacon fat and a bit of butter to make a roux then added half and half which then got added to the pot. Very tasty.
I still have the turkey carcass and some turkey meat in the freezer for later use.

Last edited:
Thanksgiving version of Shepherds Pie. Turkey, gravy and vegetables topped with stuffing and baked.

I got pork steak, proper fries and home made Bearnaise sauce, Mr Right is such a good cook and it nice to have day of from the kitchen. I think hubby and daughter made potatoes cakes and bacon for dinner at home.

Tomato Sauce on top of pasta.

In other words.

Spaghetti. ;)

Sauce includes.

Fresh,
Onions
Garlic
Oregano
Basil
Parsley

Canned olives

Dried fennel.

S&P.

Topped with red pepper and grated Parm. cheese. :yum:

Simmering now. :chef:

T'sgiving Burritos. Layer of stuffing, thin layer of gravy, few slices baked sweet potato, turkey, homemade cranberry sauce, now with added horseradish goodness . Burritos would be better if there was something crispy/ crunchy for texture, otherwise they tasted fine and I ate on a plate watching football.

Used some of the chopped turkey from the carcass and made a white wine-tarragon sauce to stir it into. Will serve that over noodles. We'll finish the last of the baguette with butter and, surprisingly, a plate of sliced tomatoes that have ripened on the counter. Thought we wouldn't be enjoying any more of our garden's bounty. Yeah! Pecan or pumpkin pie for dessert. Of course, iced tea.

Hot open turkey sandwiches, leftover stuffing and gravy, and cranberry sauce.

I love turkey. We should make it more often.

Tired of the leftovers, so there's a change tonight.

I guess it's a fusion of my Irish/German heritage

Colcannon casserole with Bockwurst..

I mixed some leftover mashed spuds with sauteed cabbage/onion/bacon/white wine, and turned it into a buttered casserole, topped with Bockwurst and baked till all nicely browned. We had leftover green beans with it. Hit the spot!

I bought a chuck roast on sale last week and DH wanted a change from turkey, so I made New England Pot Roast. Served it over mashed potatoes with green beans and no-knead bread, along with sauce made from the long-cooked veggies and liquid. Good stuff.

Tired of the leftovers, so there's a change tonight.

I guess it's a fusion of my Irish/German heritage

Colcannon casserole with Bockwurst..

I mixed some leftover mashed spuds with sauteed cabbage/onion/bacon/white wine, and turned it into a buttered casserole, topped with Bockwurst and baked till all nicely browned. We had leftover green beans with it. Hit the spot!

Wow, that sounds delicious. I'm a sucker for colcannon, but add a lighter wurst to go with it, not to take it over? Yum.

Wow, that sounds delicious. I'm a sucker for colcannon, but add a lighter wurst to go with it, not to take it over? Yum.

Thanks Bucky, I had nearly forgotten how delicious Colcannon is, as I've been on low carbs for ages. Sure enjoyed it tonight though and back to the routine tomorrow on Monday. Again, It's so good to have you with us again buddy.:wub:

We cleaned out all of the leftover Thanksgiving side dishes. To go with, I seasoned boneless pork chops with salt-pepper-fresh-grated nutmeg, and sauteed them in a bit of butter. Removed those to a plate and covered while I made a sauce of shallots and apple slices with a few fresh sage leaves tossed in. Deglased the pan with some apple cider brew we picked up at a Trader Joe's in FL and tossed in another pat of butter.

Attachments

• 2016-11-27 20.58.42.jpg
    2016-11-27 20.58.42.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 120
Back
Top Bottom