Sunday 12/11/2016 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm having a pan roasted duck breast, bulgar pilaf and some veggie or other.

1591-albums1062-picture6761.jpg

Tonight's duck.

I have an old fashioned chuck pot roast in a cooking bag in the oven. When it's half tender I'll add the carrots/celery/onion/potato and mushrooms.
It was a fantastic dish. The gravy Kayelle fixed made me wish for some bread to soak it up!:yum:

Bucky, that soup sounds delicious! Though I would have to choose between the noodles and the potatoes...too many carbs for me.

Steve, my aunt by marriage's mother was Romanian and she made a version of cabbage rolls too. They were just filled with rice and the meat was put into the sauce. Very yummy. I wouldn't mind the sauerkraut. As far as I am concerned you can't get enough cabbage! :LOL:

Andy, your duck breast is perfectly cooked! Yum!

Lol, PF. You beat me to it.
What's so nice about chili?

LP, that's the odd thing about DW's mom's soup; double carbs. I think the heavy dose of fresh parsley right at the end is an additional medicinal thing.

The soup:

Attachments

• 1211161830a.jpg
    1211161830a.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 92
Leftover Stove Top Stuffing crusted chicken nuggets, and whatever else I find in the fridge.

When I visited Turkey, the tour guide in Istanbul told us that the origin of those types of preparations was the Sultan's chefs. For over 500 years, the Byzantine Empire controlled most of the countries on the Mediterranean and well north into eastern and central Europe, and took the army's recipes with them. So stuffed cabbage is basically stuffed grape leaves using local ingredients.

Meant to say Ottoman Empire.

I made a pasta concoction--tomatoes, green peppers, onion, and smoked polish sausage, topped with grated moz. Sundays are supposed to be my evenings off--Dad usually opens a can of soup and makes sandwiches. Not tonight. Mom was meh about it, Dad ate it up because he loves anything that is tomato based.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom