"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-27-2011, 08:50 PM   #21
Senior Cook

Red beans and rice on Monday, gets the laundry done.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:58 PM   #22
Head Chef

Lunch was leftover pizza from what we made last night. I swear it's almost better the 2nd day.

For dinner I cooked a couple hot Italian sausage links with mushrooms and then added eggs so it's kind of a scramble and served it over polenta. The extra polenta I cooled and then cut into squares to use for something else later in the week.

I also roasted up a couple cans of garbanzo beans and seasoned them with a splash of sesame oil, soy sauce and mesquite seasoning that we've been munching on all day. I set some of them aside to use on our salads tomorrow.

I've my stuff all measured out and my crock pot ready to flip on before I go to bed so I'll have my steel-cut oatmeal for the week.

I also have cabbage chopped and smoked chicken shredded for my stir-fry tomorrow. I'll start the rice cooker and dinner will be ready in less time that it takes for the rice to finish!

I love when I'm organized. I just wish I were more consistent about it...

We are fed by a food industry which pays no attention to health, and healed by a health industry that pays no attention to food - Wendell Berry
Zereh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #23
Cook

Simple dinner...grilled chicken drumsticks and a potato for him, with a spinach salad. Ice cream for dessert :)
Old 02-27-2011, 10:22 PM   #24
Master Chef

We went to my SIL house today. There are 4 people with birthdays in Feb so we get together and celebrate all 4 at the same time. We had 4 birthday cakes (so each birthday person got their favorite). We followed the cake with grilled hamburgers, potato salad, cooked apples (with red hots) and pretzels and chips. Of course I ate too much! Had to try all the cake! Talk about sugar coma!!
Old 02-27-2011, 10:24 PM   #25
Senior Cook

My wife got 80lbs of chicken quarters so I had a very busy day. I started by making some stock with one 10lb bag. This is to make stock for soup and I use the meat to feed the geriatric dog I have.

Then I began to debone 50lbs. After that was deboned I ground almost all of it. The pieces I didn't grind I cooked for things like chicken noodle. I used 6lbs of ground chicken to make delicious chicken patties for sandwiches. I am going to finish cooking the rest of the ground meat tomorrow. I am finishing the night by making more stock with the bones from the deboning done earlier.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:15 PM   #26
Cupcake

PF and I each completed our take on DC's very own Mushroom challenge (and posted with pictures.)

I made a spinach-mushroom "martini" for my first course. The Second course was wild mushrooms, goat cheese and herb filling for filo. The third was scallops in a porcini-scampi sauce with roasted veggies and the last, and my favorite, was candy top mushroom ice cream.

Old 02-27-2011, 11:20 PM   #27
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
PF and I each completed our take on DC's very own Mushroom challenge (and posted with pictures.)

I made a spinach-mushroom "martini" for my first course. The Second course was wild mushrooms, goat cheese and herb filling for filo. The third was scallops in a porcini-scampi sauce with roasted veggies and the last, and my favorite, was candy top mushroom ice cream.

I cooked mine yesterday! Today it was a ham sandwich!
Old 02-28-2011, 12:30 AM   #28
Traveling Welcome Wagon

We had homemade beef-a-roni with penne pasta. We both loved it.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:34 AM   #29
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
We had homemade beef-a-roni with penne pasta. We both loved it.
Barbara, are you guys using the Ronzoni Healthy Harvest pasta? I swear, you can't tell the difference and it has made a huge difference in SHrek's morning blood sugars when he has it for dinner.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:36 AM   #30
Traveling Welcome Wagon

No, but I will check it out if it is ever on sale. Thanks!