Sunday, 2/27-Whatcha Cookin' Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lunch was leftover pizza from what we made last night. I swear it's almost better the 2nd day.

For dinner I cooked a couple hot Italian sausage links with mushrooms and then added eggs so it's kind of a scramble and served it over polenta. :pig::pig: The extra polenta I cooled and then cut into squares to use for something else later in the week.

I also roasted up a couple cans of garbanzo beans and seasoned them with a splash of sesame oil, soy sauce and mesquite seasoning that we've been munching on all day. I set some of them aside to use on our salads tomorrow.

I've my stuff all measured out and my crock pot ready to flip on before I go to bed so I'll have my steel-cut oatmeal for the week.

I also have cabbage chopped and smoked chicken shredded for my stir-fry tomorrow. I'll start the rice cooker and dinner will be ready in less time that it takes for the rice to finish!

I love when I'm organized. I just wish I were more consistent about it... :LOL:

We went to my SIL house today. There are 4 people with birthdays in Feb so we get together and celebrate all 4 at the same time. We had 4 birthday cakes (so each birthday person got their favorite). We followed the cake with grilled hamburgers, potato salad, cooked apples (with red hots) and pretzels and chips. Of course I ate too much! Had to try all the cake! Talk about sugar coma!!

My wife got 80lbs of chicken quarters so I had a very busy day. I started by making some stock with one 10lb bag. This is to make stock for soup and I use the meat to feed the geriatric dog I have.

Then I began to debone 50lbs. After that was deboned I ground almost all of it. The pieces I didn't grind I cooked for things like chicken noodle. I used 6lbs of ground chicken to make delicious chicken patties for sandwiches. I am going to finish cooking the rest of the ground meat tomorrow. I am finishing the night by making more stock with the bones from the deboning done earlier.

PF and I each completed our take on DC's very own Mushroom challenge (and posted with pictures.)

I made a spinach-mushroom "martini" for my first course. The Second course was wild mushrooms, goat cheese and herb filling for filo. The third was scallops in a porcini-scampi sauce with roasted veggies and the last, and my favorite, was candy top mushroom ice cream.

PF and I each completed our take on DC's very own Mushroom challenge (and posted with pictures.)

I made a spinach-mushroom "martini" for my first course. The Second course was wild mushrooms, goat cheese and herb filling for filo. The third was scallops in a porcini-scampi sauce with roasted veggies and the last, and my favorite, was candy top mushroom ice cream.

I cooked mine yesterday! Today it was a ham sandwich!

We had homemade beef-a-roni with penne pasta. We both loved it. :cool:

Barbara, are you guys using the Ronzoni Healthy Harvest pasta? I swear, you can't tell the difference and it has made a huge difference in SHrek's morning blood sugars when he has it for dinner.

I have had/still having a terrible week+!! But I did cook last night. (I am not sure if I posted any other meals this week, I will check when I get time. Tow truck just got here.)

Pan fried boneless pork loin chops and simmered in gravy, steamed and buttered fresh string beans, creamy egg noodles (sliced mushroom caps and fresh parsley sautéed in butter till tender. Add can of cream of chicken soup, ½ soup can of milk, ½ soup can of water, ground dry porcini mushrooms, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, chicken bouillon and uncooked egg noodles. Bring to boil then lower heat and simmer till noodles are tender) and salad.

img_973861_0_ae357355889e6bfffbdc523593ac2e1a.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom