Sunday 2/5/2017 What's the game plan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know! Everyone was very excited! And so was I! Drat, it was down to the last few seconds.

TB had to shovel the car out and we had to go get groceries because our delivery was stopped by the 1 foot of snow we have gotten in 24 hours...

Before all you Easterners start laughing, I will have you know that 1 foot of snow has been known to totally shut everything down here in the Great Wet North. The snow we get is very wet and people just don't know how to deal with it.

Anyway, because we had to do all that, TB took me to Swiss Chalet. I couldn't only eat half of my open face hot chicken sandwich, but I have a meal for tomorrow now!

We had Pigs in a Blanket, and ribs with the corn black bean salad from last night.

I'm sure not a football fan and I didn't care who won, but that was the best game I've ever seen!! ZOWERS!!!!!:clap::bb::punk:

We only saw the half time and the second half but it was pretty good from my point of view as well!

Did someone say "SOUPer Bowl Sunday"?

..that was the best game I've ever seen!! ZOWERS!!!!!
Personally, I liked the first half and Lady Gaga's halftime show. After that...I so want to move back to Ohio already! :( As Himself said when the game was over "Brady popped up out of the huddle, won the game...and now we'll have six more weeks of Patriots". Swell. :glare:

Since today was Souperbowl Sunday, I made four different kinds, two big pots and two small pots worth. There was enough left over so I could give my friend two quarts and a pint (she's the neighbor who picks up our mail when we're gone) and still have enough left over for two nights for us. Win AND win!

Clockwise, starting in the upper-left: Chicken Tortellini with Spinach, Creamy Chicken Wild Rice, Cuban Black Bean with Ham, and Cheesy Cauliflower. The Chicken Tortellini was a new recipe - meh, won't make it again. The Cuban Black Bean was a new one, too. THAT is a keeper!

Attachments

• 2017-02-05 22.19.58.jpg
    2017-02-05 22.19.58.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 113
I threw a boneless beef roast in the oven (the 500 degree method), sides were mashed potatoes, mixed veggies and a tossed salad. The roast was perfect. Love that method of cooking beef roast, especially since we like ours closer to rare than medium for medium rare. The rest will be stir fry and sandwiches for lunch, maybe a hot roast beef sandwich meal. Today was the 7th day in a row that Mom got the "clean plate" award for all three meals. That is a first since I can't remember how long. I must be doing something right in the kitchen.

Last edited:
Personally, I liked the first half and Lady Gaga's halftime show. After that...I so want to move back to Ohio already! :( As Himself said when the game was over "Brady popped up out of the huddle, won the game...and now we'll have six more weeks of Patriots". Swell. :glare:
Only six weeks? Consider yourself lucky. I have a friend who's a NE fan. After Atlanta's big choke, I'm pretty sure I'll have to listen to him blather on about it (and look at all his obnoxious red white and blue garb) non-stop for the next six MONTHS. ;)

Last edited:
LOL, CG. Good one from your hubby. Although, I'm afraid Steve is right; Pats fans will never shut up.

I think I now understand how people felt about the Yankees of the '50s and the late '90s.

At least it wasn't the Cowboys.

We were supposed to have chicken and andouille jambalaya, but that didn't get done because Craig got stuck much longer on a job than he had planned, I was working and still don't feel so great, got some kind of a tummy upset/bug that won't go away, just keeps coming back intermittently. Wasn't even sure I was going to be able to eat dinner at all for most of afternoon. So, we ended up getting take-out. I have been craving Char-Hut, so I got a burger and some onion rings, as well as some mac and cheese in case the tummy decided it didn't really want the burger once it got a whiff and/or taste of it. Craig got some Italian food from a place in the same shopping center.

We ended up watching a couple of movies. Saw 2-3 minutes of the top of the third quarter. Couldn't believe the score. Then our second movie ended just as the OT started. REALLY couldn't believe the score.

Why should we shut up!? That was the greatest Super Bowl ever. It took over the #1 spot from SB 49 when the Patriots beat the Seahawks in the last seconds by intercepting a goal line pass.

So now, the Patriots have won the two greatest Super Bowls of all time and Dan Quinn has lost both of them. Once as the head coach of the Falcons and earlier as the defensive coordinator of the Seahawks.

Belichick and Brady - the Greatest Of All Time!

Gloat over.

Why should we shut up!? That was the greatest Super Bowl ever. It took over the #1 spot from SB 49 when the Patriots beat the Seahawks in the last seconds by intercepting a goal line pass.

So now, the Patriots have won the two greatest Super Bowls of all time and Dan Quinn has lost both of them. Once as the head coach of the Falcons and earlier as the defensive coordinator of the Seahawks.

Belichick and Brady - the Greatest Of All Time!

Gloat over.

Andy, I have been listening to the sport news all morning. I forget who said it, but the quote was, "Okay, I will admit now that Brady is the best quarterback of all time." And Bilichick is the only Head Coach to win five Super Bowls with the same team. Hopefully, Brady will stay healthy enough to play for at least one more winning season. Then let another team try to catch up with and surpass any records they now hold. Individually and jointly as a team.

Why should we shut up!? That was the greatest Super Bowl ever.
I think there are probably some Atlanta fans who would disagree... :LOL:

It was a good game, but I would argue that Atlanta LOST the game more than the Pats won it. Atlanta was seriously dominating in the first half. They were scary good. On the other side of the ball, Brady looked lost and confused up until about midway through the 3rd quarter, when the Falcons defense finally ran out of steam and their offense started to play it safe and made a few stupid calls, rather than keeping up the attack. That lax style of play allowed Brady the opportunity to regain his footing and get some confidence back.

Gloat over.
Good. Back to discussing cooking!

Only six weeks? Consider yourself lucky. I have a friend who's a NE fan. After Atlanta's big choke, I'm pretty sure I'll have to listen to him blather on about it (and look at all his obnoxious red white and blue garb) non-stop for the next six MONTHS. ;)
Himself was talking about the news anchors, not the general fanbase. Fans won't be quiet until the Celtics are in the playoffs. The bragging won't stop, just switch gears. :D

Thankfully, we can also get Providence RI TV stations. They did a short bit on the game, then moved on to real news. Looks like we'll know what's going on in RI for a few days...

Last edited:
Himself was talking about the news anchors, not the general fanbase. Fans won't be quiet until the Celtics are in the playoffs. The bragging won't stop, just switch gears. :D

Thankfully, we can also get Providence RI TV stations. They did a short bit on the game, then moved on to real news. Looks like we'll know what's going on in RI for a few days...

CG, if you ask any player from any team from another city or state, they will tell you they love to play here. Boston is such a great sports city. You see very few, if any empty seats. Fenway Park is the most expensive ball park in the country. Yet the fans fill up all the seats. Sitting in the bleachers is torture in the hot summer sun. But the fans don't care.

The fans in Boston really cheer the players on. And not just for our own teams. I have seen stadiums and ball parks with whole sections of empty seats. You don't see that in Boston. In fact you will see the idiots outside the facility trying to sell bogus tickets. And then there are idiots who will buy them.

Oh, BTW the Red Sox have a farm team in Pawtucket. They also have sell out games. New Englanders just love their sports teams. :)

Back
Top Bottom