"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2017, 09:27 AM   #31
Wine Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Why should we shut up!? That was the greatest Super Bowl ever.
I think there are probably some Atlanta fans who would disagree...

It was a good game, but I would argue that Atlanta LOST the game more than the Pats won it. Atlanta was seriously dominating in the first half. They were scary good. On the other side of the ball, Brady looked lost and confused up until about midway through the 3rd quarter, when the Falcons defense finally ran out of steam and their offense started to play it safe and made a few stupid calls, rather than keeping up the attack. That lax style of play allowed Brady the opportunity to regain his footing and get some confidence back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Gloat over.
Good. Back to discussing cooking!

Old 02-07-2017, 02:57 AM   #32
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
Only six weeks? Consider yourself lucky. I have a friend who's a NE fan. After Atlanta's big choke, I'm pretty sure I'll have to listen to him blather on about it (and look at all his obnoxious red white and blue garb) non-stop for the next six MONTHS.
Himself was talking about the news anchors, not the general fanbase. Fans won't be quiet until the Celtics are in the playoffs. The bragging won't stop, just switch gears.

Thankfully, we can also get Providence RI TV stations. They did a short bit on the game, then moved on to real news. Looks like we'll know what's going on in RI for a few days...

"A dream is a festival of lights within your mind."~~~Joan Walsh Anglund
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 05:23 AM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Himself was talking about the news anchors, not the general fanbase. Fans won't be quiet until the Celtics are in the playoffs. The bragging won't stop, just switch gears.

Thankfully, we can also get Providence RI TV stations. They did a short bit on the game, then moved on to real news. Looks like we'll know what's going on in RI for a few days...
CG, if you ask any player from any team from another city or state, they will tell you they love to play here. Boston is such a great sports city. You see very few, if any empty seats. Fenway Park is the most expensive ball park in the country. Yet the fans fill up all the seats. Sitting in the bleachers is torture in the hot summer sun. But the fans don't care.

The fans in Boston really cheer the players on. And not just for our own teams. I have seen stadiums and ball parks with whole sections of empty seats. You don't see that in Boston. In fact you will see the idiots outside the facility trying to sell bogus tickets. And then there are idiots who will buy them.

Oh, BTW the Red Sox have a farm team in Pawtucket. They also have sell out games. New Englanders just love their sports teams.