Sunday 3-20-16, What Cha Gonna Fix Slick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
Been going through smoker withdrawal! Fired up the Horizon for some baby backs.:yum:

It's a 'use up leftovers and perishables' kind of day. Leftover potato salad from yesterday, a watermelon/mango/blueberry fruit salad, and smoked gouda with wheat crackers for some crunchiness. :)

Last edited:
My St. Patrick's Day gift is leftover corned beef that will be the foundation for reuben sandwiches for dinner tonight. Pumpernickel, sauerkraut, Russian dressing and Swiss cheese. All together on the Griddler for toasting and melting.

Penne w/ shrimp, broccoli, and Italian spices in EVOO....

img_1459587_0_5941800f3b86cf0f9044cf14cbf177a2.jpg

Hm. Let's see. A chef buddy who only cooks on Sundays had his poor drenched little driver (raining very hard) deliver a rare filet mignon, meatballs in Sunday gravy, and zucchini boats with a mac and cheese stuffed pepper and other stuff. Oh, and the Kahlua flan, which was to die for.

I ended up adding a pound of hamburger to a box of chicken flavored Rice-a-Roni, with some onions and garlic, and a little salt, pepper, and cayenne. Finished the blueberries and had a little bag of potato chips for dessert.

I made a vat of Chicken-Soup-of-Many-Veggies. Started out with celery/carrot/onion/turnip/kohlrabi/corn/black-eyed peas/chicken, then moved some to a smaller pot and added cabbage to it for Himself. Into the bigger pot I added baby spinach and fresh Roma tomatoes. I'll freeze up a quart from the big pot and a pint of the w/cabbage for the neighbor up the street. All the rest will be slurped up by us over the rest of the week...unless we get tired of it and toss some into the freezer for later.

Attachments

• 2016-03-20 20.58.11.jpg
    2016-03-20 20.58.11.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 122
Good looking dinners, all. Joey, your pasta meal looks good! CG, I could go for a bowl of your soup-of-many-veggies. Dawg, the Kahlua flan sounds to die for...too many great sounding meals here to mention them all!

GG, I love your lotus bowl. It inspired me to get mine out of the back of the cabinet and start using them again. I have a set of 6 (I think), in different colors. They were my mom's. :wub:

Last edited:
Hm. Let's see. A chef buddy who only cooks on Sundays had his poor drenched little driver (raining very hard) deliver a rare filet mignon, meatballs in Sunday gravy, and zucchini boats with a mac and cheese stuffed pepper and other stuff. Oh, and the Kahlua flan, which was to die for.

Jeez, I wish I had a friend like that! :yum:

GG, I love your lotus bowl. It inspired me to get mine out of the back of the cabinet and start using them again. I have a set of 6 (I think), in different colors. They were my mom's. :wub:

I never knew that's what it's called - thank you. And now that I know they come in different colors, I'm going to have to look for them :LOL:

I never knew that's what it's called - thank you. And now that I know they come in different colors, I'm going to have to look for them :LOL:
:LOL: Here's a quick pic of mine, GG - I love them. They're called that because they resemble the Japanese Lotus flower. :) There are probably some in different colors on ebay. :)

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 120
We had French dip roast beef and provolone cheese sandwiches and a nice lettuce salad with radishes, cucumbers, and the hard-boiled eggs in it.

It was very good!

With love,
~Cat

I made chili for Sunday. We were up late Saturday night watching Downton Abbey -- catching up on 4 or 5 episodes.

So at 2AM on Sunday I decided to put a chili together for Sunday. I threw 2 pounds of hamburg into the cast iron skillet along with some diced bell peppers, onions, garlic. Then I put a couple of cans of kidney beans in the crockpot along with the meat/peppers/onions, a packet of chili seasoning, some chili powder, some salt/pepper, brown sugar, and a jar of spaghetti sauce.

It cooked all day on low. We had it for lunch and dinner on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom