Sunday 4/22/2012 What's on the table?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight I am pan frying crab cakes and having a salad of cucumber, tomato and feta on with it. A a side of octopus.

Making homemade red sauce and will use some for baked rigatoni later. Green salad and toasted garlic bread alongside. I was talking with Jr on the phone. He too is making home-made spaghetti sauce today too.

Too funny! I just got done making Sesame Noodles and thought I'd come in and bring up the subject. :LOL:

Yep, in this neck of the woods it's Sesame Noodles time again.
I'll be serving a General Tsao butterflied roasted chicken with the noodles, along with a green salad.

Braised beef short ribs, brown rice, cheesy mashed cauliflower and biscuits. Mmmmmmmm can't wait it seems soooooo good in here. Perfect meal for a rainy day.

Use Soba Noodles, they are made of buckwheat and are perfect for low carb.:)
I looked them up. A cup of buckwheat noodles has 24 grams of carbs as opposed to white noodles that have 40 grams of carbs in a cup or 30 grams of net carbs in wholewheat. Not really as low as I would like.

I wonder how well it would work with spaghetti squash. :LOL:

In case someone needs it, here's the link to the infamous Sesame Noodles: Dragon Lady Kitchen blog: SESAME NOODLES

PF, I think I'm going to email that Dragon Lady, and give her a personal invite to join us here at Discuss Cooking. It would be interesting to compile all the posts on her now famous recipe. I bet she has no idea that she's a down right celebrity !! :yum:

Working on the 2 week's worth of scalloped potatoes and ham, with more ham. And Hershey's Nuggets. Too much of a good thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom