Sunday 4/22/2012 What's on the table?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
A corned beef is simmering. Will be served with potatoes (maybe mashed). steamed carrot coins and cabbage.

Any plans?

It's almost chilly today so I'm making a pot of split peas with a couple of small turkey neck pieces.

Pinot Grigio
Grilled spatchcock Cornish Game Hens (w/ lemon rosemary, & garlic)
Greek-inspired orzo salad (w/ feta, tomatoes, green onions)
Grilled asparagus
Warm brownies ala mode (w/ vanilla ice cream)
Fresh strawberries

Last edited:
I used some of the ground beef in the spaghetti last night. I'm thinking meatloaf with the rest with mashed taters and gravy and either salads or green beans.

I've defrosted a turkey breast from the 'extra' turkey I bought at Thanksgiving for parts for stock. This is the last of the parts (I had two breasts and a package of thighs).

I'm going to give it a quick marinade and pan roast it. We'll have roasted Yukon Golds and a veggie along side.

Ma's Sunday it will be pork meat taco's with cilantro,cheese,diced tomatoes, sliced green onions,appetizers puff pastry with ham, prosciutto,salami and cheese, also peas with garlic,sun dried tomatoes,evoo and some parm mixed in. Chips with salsa, dessert is chocolate cupcakes with a center filling of vanilla frosted with chocolate frosting oh yes my dad's avocado dip served with baguette.Geez I think we have enough to eat:LOL:
kades

That is the million dollar question today. DH's intolerances have been really bothering him and I am on bed rest due to my knee being inflamed and my sinus infection/cold.

I guess we will see when he gets off workat 5! He took peanut butter and jam sandwiches for lunch and my BFF is bringing her homemade wonton soup for lunch.

Meanwhile I am enjoying curling, my puppies and my netbook while snuggled under the covers! :)

Think I'm going to have Smoked Pulled Pork w/ a Memphis meets Carolina BBQ Sauce, along side a plate of seasoned fries.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom