Sunday 4th Dec 2011 - What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kezlehan

Senior Cook
That time again! What's for dinner tonight?

I'm reheating some homemade tomato soup for me, and cooking mum and her hubby pasta and cheese. Mum's craving apparently... Bad sign! ;)

Dinner... Today has my Browns playing the Ravens, so week 13 of my Personal Pigskin Challenge has me featuring the city of Baltimore, MD. And what is Baltimore known for? Besides not being able to keep their own Colts in town... so luring Cleveland's beloved Browns to their city several years later... ripping the heart out of every Cleveland fan... changing the name to the Ravens and going on to win a Super Bowl with the old Browns... while the new Browns falter every year? What else you say? Crab Cakes!

Dinner will be crab cakes with a lime beurre blanc sauce, potatoes roasted in duck fat and steamed asparagus.

I'm remaking my Cheesy Chicken Ala King. I added a cup of grated extra sharp cheddar, 1/4 C parmessan, plus another diced roasted red pepper and some of the juice, then I made a slurry with cottage cheese and eggs to pour over. It's coming out of the oven now, so I guess that's lunch.

Dinner will finish off the last of the stuffing filled meatloaf.

I suppose it's a sort of green turkey chili. Made some turkey stock this morning from Thanksgiving's leftover turkey breast. Got the meat off the breast to use a bit later in the chili. Put some of the stock, some dried beans, diced green onion, diced anaheim pepper, diced tomatillo, diced celery, bay leaves, dried oregano, ground cumin, dried red chile pepper, minced clove garlic, fresh ground black pepper all into the crockpot until the beans are tender. Then I'll add the turkey meat to the cooker. Will enjoy it with tortillas and shredded cheddar cheese.

I suppose it's a sort of green turkey chili. Made some turkey stock this morning from Thanksgiving's leftover turkey breast. Got the meat off the breast to use a bit later in the chili. Put some of the stock, some dried beans, diced green onion, diced anaheim pepper, diced tomatillo, diced celery, bay leaves, dried oregano, ground cumin, dried red chile pepper, minced clove garlic, fresh ground black pepper all into the crockpot until the beans are tender. Then I'll add the turkey meat to the cooker. Will enjoy it with tortillas and shredded cheddar cheese.

Sounds really yummy! Would love to try, but don't have a crockpot :(

Dinner... Today has my Browns playing the Ravens, so week 13 of my Personal Pigskin Challenge has me featuring the city of Baltimore, MD. And what is Baltimore known for? Besides not being able to keep their own Colts in town... so luring Cleveland's beloved Browns to their city several years later... ripping the heart out of every Cleveland fan... changing the name to the Ravens and going on to win a Super Bowl with the old Browns... while the new Browns falter every year? What else you say? Crab Cakes!

Dinner will be crab cakes with a lime beurre blanc sauce, potatoes roasted in duck fat and steamed asparagus.
Charm City Cakes

I'm not sure what I'm having for dinner.

Decorating the tree and putting up lights so we'll either warm up beans and cornbread or order pizza. I'll see what everyone wants come dinner time.

Gotta get me some of this tri-tip. Have never had it!

Leftover CP mushroom chicken with 10 y.o. wild rice.

Gotta get me some of this tri-tip. Have never had it!

Leftover CP mushroom chicken with 10 y.o. wild rice.

Ahhh, a vintage meal ;)

I prepped what I could a beer ago. I guess I ought to start cooking something.

O I don't see any hurry Pac. I just made Corn cakes with maple syrup and sausage patties. Why yes, it was breakfast and dinner inclusive.

it is a chilly day here. to me, that says something spicy. so a chili size it is. thawing turkey carcass to start soup tomorrow. my granddaughter and my son are eagerly awaiting their share.

O I don't see any hurry Pac. I just made Corn cakes with maple syrup and sausage patties. Why yes, it was breakfast and dinner inclusive.

That's sound input, Whiska. I think I'll have another beer. The GB/NYG game is pretty good. As is sitting here drinking beer :LOL:

What, does everyone keep maple syrup around except me? ;)

pacanis said:
Ahhh, a vintage meal ;)

I prepped what I could a beer ago. I guess I ought to start cooking something.

Apparently wild rice is like honey, it never goes bad! And dang, it's good!

pacanis said:
I saw you say that earlier. That surprised me. I'll have to try some of this wild rice.

Get the "wild " wild rice, not the tame stuff.

Pac, how'd the crab cakes turn out? Just reread your post, and they sound luscious! Lime butter, oh my!

Last edited:
Broccoli Aglio Olio (With Garlic and Olive Oil) over tagliatelle topped with fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses.

img_1079689_0_58a9860eba4ddc57d51851c2a7a05709.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom