"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-04-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
Senior Cook
 
kezlehan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 340
Sunday 4th Dec 2011 - What's cooking?

That time again! What's for dinner tonight?

I'm reheating some homemade tomato soup for me, and cooking mum and her hubby pasta and cheese. Mum's craving apparently... Bad sign!

__________________

__________________
kezlehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Dinner... Today has my Browns playing the Ravens, so week 13 of my Personal Pigskin Challenge has me featuring the city of Baltimore, MD. And what is Baltimore known for? Besides not being able to keep their own Colts in town... so luring Cleveland's beloved Browns to their city several years later... ripping the heart out of every Cleveland fan... changing the name to the Ravens and going on to win a Super Bowl with the old Browns... while the new Browns falter every year? What else you say? Crab Cakes!

Dinner will be crab cakes with a lime beurre blanc sauce, potatoes roasted in duck fat and steamed asparagus.
__________________

__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Zhizara's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 12,537
I'm remaking my Cheesy Chicken Ala King. I added a cup of grated extra sharp cheddar, 1/4 C parmessan, plus another diced roasted red pepper and some of the juice, then I made a slurry with cottage cheese and eggs to pour over. It's coming out of the oven now, so I guess that's lunch.

Dinner will finish off the last of the stuffing filled meatloaf.
__________________

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #4
Senior Cook
 
Hammster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Diego, Ca.
Posts: 255
I suppose it's a sort of green turkey chili. Made some turkey stock this morning from Thanksgiving's leftover turkey breast. Got the meat off the breast to use a bit later in the chili. Put some of the stock, some dried beans, diced green onion, diced anaheim pepper, diced tomatillo, diced celery, bay leaves, dried oregano, ground cumin, dried red chile pepper, minced clove garlic, fresh ground black pepper all into the crockpot until the beans are tender. Then I'll add the turkey meat to the cooker. Will enjoy it with tortillas and shredded cheddar cheese.
__________________
¿Como como? Como como como.
Hammster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #5
Senior Cook
 
kezlehan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammster View Post
I suppose it's a sort of green turkey chili. Made some turkey stock this morning from Thanksgiving's leftover turkey breast. Got the meat off the breast to use a bit later in the chili. Put some of the stock, some dried beans, diced green onion, diced anaheim pepper, diced tomatillo, diced celery, bay leaves, dried oregano, ground cumin, dried red chile pepper, minced clove garlic, fresh ground black pepper all into the crockpot until the beans are tender. Then I'll add the turkey meat to the cooker. Will enjoy it with tortillas and shredded cheddar cheese.
Sounds really yummy! Would love to try, but don't have a crockpot
__________________
kezlehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:20 PM   #6
Master Chef
 
Vanilla Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 7,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Dinner... Today has my Browns playing the Ravens, so week 13 of my Personal Pigskin Challenge has me featuring the city of Baltimore, MD. And what is Baltimore known for? Besides not being able to keep their own Colts in town... so luring Cleveland's beloved Browns to their city several years later... ripping the heart out of every Cleveland fan... changing the name to the Ravens and going on to win a Super Bowl with the old Browns... while the new Browns falter every year? What else you say? Crab Cakes!

Dinner will be crab cakes with a lime beurre blanc sauce, potatoes roasted in duck fat and steamed asparagus.
Charm City Cakes

I'm not sure what I'm having for dinner.
__________________
A little kindness goes a long way.
Vanilla Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:21 PM   #7
Senior Cook
 
Hammster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Diego, Ca.
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by kezlehan View Post
Sounds really yummy! Would love to try, but don't have a crockpot
You don't really need a crockpot. You could even slow cook everything in the oven or stovetop in a heavy pot.
__________________
¿Como como? Como como como.
Hammster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #8
Master Chef
 
jabbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 5,482
Decorating the tree and putting up lights so we'll either warm up beans and cornbread or order pizza. I'll see what everyone wants come dinner time.
__________________
I could give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!
jabbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:26 PM   #9
Master Chef
 
Aunt Bea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: near Mount Pilot
Posts: 7,009
Meatballs and stovepipes
Broccoli
__________________
Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:11 PM   #10
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Park Drive Bar/Grill Los Angeles
Posts: 9,641
Curried rice using cubed tri tip
__________________

__________________
roadfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cooking

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.