"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-04-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
Senior Cook

Sunday 4th Dec 2011 - What's cooking?

That time again! What's for dinner tonight?

I'm reheating some homemade tomato soup for me, and cooking mum and her hubby pasta and cheese. Mum's craving apparently... Bad sign!

Old 12-04-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Dinner... Today has my Browns playing the Ravens, so week 13 of my Personal Pigskin Challenge has me featuring the city of Baltimore, MD. And what is Baltimore known for? Besides not being able to keep their own Colts in town... so luring Cleveland's beloved Browns to their city several years later... ripping the heart out of every Cleveland fan... changing the name to the Ravens and going on to win a Super Bowl with the old Browns... while the new Browns falter every year? What else you say? Crab Cakes!

Dinner will be crab cakes with a lime beurre blanc sauce, potatoes roasted in duck fat and steamed asparagus.

Old 12-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I'm remaking my Cheesy Chicken Ala King. I added a cup of grated extra sharp cheddar, 1/4 C parmessan, plus another diced roasted red pepper and some of the juice, then I made a slurry with cottage cheese and eggs to pour over. It's coming out of the oven now, so I guess that's lunch.

Dinner will finish off the last of the stuffing filled meatloaf.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #4
Senior Cook

I suppose it's a sort of green turkey chili. Made some turkey stock this morning from Thanksgiving's leftover turkey breast. Got the meat off the breast to use a bit later in the chili. Put some of the stock, some dried beans, diced green onion, diced anaheim pepper, diced tomatillo, diced celery, bay leaves, dried oregano, ground cumin, dried red chile pepper, minced clove garlic, fresh ground black pepper all into the crockpot until the beans are tender. Then I'll add the turkey meat to the cooker. Will enjoy it with tortillas and shredded cheddar cheese.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #5
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammster View Post
I suppose it's a sort of green turkey chili. Made some turkey stock this morning from Thanksgiving's leftover turkey breast. Got the meat off the breast to use a bit later in the chili. Put some of the stock, some dried beans, diced green onion, diced anaheim pepper, diced tomatillo, diced celery, bay leaves, dried oregano, ground cumin, dried red chile pepper, minced clove garlic, fresh ground black pepper all into the crockpot until the beans are tender. Then I'll add the turkey meat to the cooker. Will enjoy it with tortillas and shredded cheddar cheese.
Sounds really yummy! Would love to try, but don't have a crockpot
Old 12-04-2011, 02:20 PM   #6
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Dinner... Today has my Browns playing the Ravens, so week 13 of my Personal Pigskin Challenge has me featuring the city of Baltimore, MD. And what is Baltimore known for? Besides not being able to keep their own Colts in town... so luring Cleveland's beloved Browns to their city several years later... ripping the heart out of every Cleveland fan... changing the name to the Ravens and going on to win a Super Bowl with the old Browns... while the new Browns falter every year? What else you say? Crab Cakes!

Dinner will be crab cakes with a lime beurre blanc sauce, potatoes roasted in duck fat and steamed asparagus.
Charm City Cakes

I'm not sure what I'm having for dinner.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:21 PM   #7
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezlehan View Post
Sounds really yummy! Would love to try, but don't have a crockpot
You don't really need a crockpot. You could even slow cook everything in the oven or stovetop in a heavy pot.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #8
Master Chef

Decorating the tree and putting up lights so we'll either warm up beans and cornbread or order pizza. I'll see what everyone wants come dinner time.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:26 PM   #9
Master Chef

Meatballs and stovepipes
Broccoli
Old 12-04-2011, 06:11 PM   #10
Master Chef

Curried rice using cubed tri tip

Tags
cooking