Sunday 5/1/11 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I am going to eat the whipped cream the same day, I sweeten with powdered sugar, the corn starch in the powdered sugar stabilizes the cream quite well.

If I need it to last a day or more, I stabilize with gelatin, gelatin changes the texture a bit, makes it more spongy, but it holds up really well even when it needs to stay out of refrigeration for a while. This is the method that I use.

I whip the cream just until I can tip the bowl and it doesn't slide, nice and stiff, but be careful, you don't want to whip it too much.

Wilton Stabilized Whipped Cream Recipe - Food.com - 79506

I use the microwave. I put the gelatin and water in a small glass pinch bowl and let soften for a minute or two and pop it in the microwave until melted, about 10-15 seconds (you'll know when it is ready when it is clear).
Thank you for the info.

Thanks bakechef I will give your method a try.

In the past I have used a mixture of real whipped cream and an equal amount of frozen whipped topping mixed together. This holds up well and tastes good but it kind of defeats the purpose of using real whipped cream.

Thanks again B

229682_1673440164736_1499378782_1333135_1074765_n.jpg

your picture has inspired me to make for dinner, maybe tomorrow night. if i do it right, it should be low cal. thanks so much
You're welcome. Actually the stir fry was mostly protein and veggies except for 2 iced tea spoons of (you know one of those long handled spoons they give with an iced tea) cornstarch for a whole 14" CI pan (roughly 5 servings). Then the salad dressing was small amount buttermilk, sour cream and even smaller amount of mayo, lemon juice, white vinegar and poppy seeds. So it was a pretty low cal and low carb dinner. No rice or added side carb.

Back
Top Bottom