Sunday 6-18-17....what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm going to make a taco salad. I already had the portioned out cooked and seasoned ground beef in the freezer, it's thawing now. Grape tomatoes are temporarily chillin' in the fridge for a few, along with an avocado. I shredded some pepper jack and cheddar a couple of days ago thinking I would have a taco salad soon, so other than chopping a few other things, there's not much to do to put it together. I could have taco salads a couple of times a week during the summer, and not get tired of it. :yum:

What's on your menu? :chef:

Last edited:
Cheryl, we're going to do salad as well, way too hot today to cook anything!
I'm making Chef Salad, DH's 2nd favorite salad now, I've been told. His #1 choice in salad is my Chicken Greek Salad, whoda thunk :wacko:, he's always requested Chef Salad.
I think as a side we'll have some Trader Joe's Sea Salt Pita Bite Crackers.

I held back some of the meatballs I made yesterday and I have a batch of tzatziki in the fridge, so... Warmed up meatballs served with tzatziki and watermelon-feta salad with mint from my garden. Toasted homemade bread with... This just occurred to me... Tzatziki and diced tomato from the farmers market ❤️ If we're still hungry, I'll forage something else. Maybe we'll share a bowl of nachos.

We had quite a bit of leftover sesame noodles and Napa cabbage salad from last night. Grilled some Chef John's rusty chicken thighs to go along with them, and it was a great summertime meal.

My pork butt is almost ready, and my sauce is made -- Carolina style this time. Pulled pork sliders are the end result.

CD

Craig made Paul Prudhomme's chicken an andouille jambalaya, plus 1 of his sauces to go with. I made a chocolate and ricotta cheese brownie.

I had a food extravaganza today for Fathers Day.

My daughters took me out to lunch where I had appetizers for lunch. The hit of the meal was shrimp scampi on baguettes. Outstanding.

Dinner was at home with SO and GD. I reverse seared a couple of rib eyes for SO and me, grilled some zucchini and made a chicken parm with pasta for GD.

The steaks were the best I've cooked using the reverse sear method.

SO then provided rum cake and Rumchata for dessert.

Andy, that sounds like the perfect Father's Day - wonderful food and a loving family. :)

We started out with big, ol' garden salads. The "snow" on the salads is Penzey's Brady Street Cheese Sprinkles - a Penzey's freebie...and worth just that, IMO. ;) We followed that up with baby Brussels sprouts (one of Himself's favorite veggies), fresh corn off the cob sprinkled with Tajin, and cod loins. The cod was baked in a lemon-butter-caper sauce and served over long grain and wild rice mix. It was delicious. :yum: I hope Himself isn't expecting a Fathers' Day dessert...I got nuthin'.

Attachments

• 20170618_215104.jpg
    20170618_215104.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 20170618_220514.jpg
    20170618_220514.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 157
I held back some of the meatballs I made yesterday and I have a batch of tzatziki in the fridge, so... Warmed up meatballs served with tzatziki and watermelon-feta salad with mint from my garden. Toasted homemade bread with... This just occurred to me... Tzatziki and diced tomato from the farmers market ❤️ If we're still hungry, I'll forage something else. Maybe we'll share a bowl of nachos.
Made the mistake of asking DH how hungry he was and telling him my menu ideas. He reminded me that we still have a few chunks of Halloumi cheese that would go great with this meal plan [emoji38] So I floured and fried that in addition to the above. Now we have one less, but mmmmm - yummy dinner.
0618172045a_HDR.jpg

Holy Moley........the menu's tonight sound really extraordinary!!
We had a restaurant brunch with family early today and cooked "Juicy Lucy" burgers on the grill tonight stuffed with smoked Gouda cheese.

Holy Moley........the menu's tonight sound really extraordinary!!
We had a restaurant brunch with family early today and cooked "Juicy Lucy" burgers on the grill tonight stuffed with smoked Gouda cheese.
Killer! The tomatoes were from our garden. Kayelle is the BBQ Queen! (With apologies to ABBA LOL)

Caty made dinner again. She is enjoying taking over my kitchen lol.
She made hubby's favourite Spaghetti with spicy beef and crushed tomato sauce, fresh herb, garlic and cheese for me and flapjacks with cinnamon for pud.

We got some new fry pans yesterday at Costco and it has been way too dreary to do any grilling (even on our covered balcony). So, we tried some burgers out in the new pan and they turned out really great!

had a great Father's Day. We have a wonderful family that 'adopted" us into their large family years ago. Went to a pot luck with all the grand kids running around, it was wonderful. I did 18 Jerk Chicken legs, banana pudding, mashed potatoes, and a Pineapple Casserole. The other food was great. Only bad thing is my daughter did not get to come home. she is working this summer at a Christian girls camp and the drive was too much for one day. We talked a lot last night. Bridged the gap a little.

Stuffed Portobello & Poblano

Supper was a portobello and a poblano, each stuffed with ground beef, veggies & cheese, with some brown rice. Very yummy.

Attachments

• IMG_0590 (2).jpg
    IMG_0590 (2).jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 157
REALLY delicious lookin' dinners, GG, CG, and Heidi! Wonderful sounding meals all around last evening. :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom