Sunday 6/5 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pancanis-Typically I grilled it plain then add some butter or lightly salt it. Tonight its just me and the baby and he cant eat any of this besides the cherries I can do anything to my corn lol Garlic added is good too :)

I love ribeyes. They are my favorite. How long do you leave asparagus on for? What all do you do to it? I have hated it since I was little but my brother runs a kitchen so he was taught ways to make it on the stove and now I crave it. I just cant get him to make it much! Grilled sounds lik it would be good.

I never touched asparagus when I was a kid and love the stuff now, too. Funny how tastes change.
Usually when I grill it I season some bacon, then wrap the asparagus up in the bacon. Grill indirect until the bacon is crispy. I cheated tonight and nuked the asparagus though. The bacon I have is too thick for wrapping them the way the I like. I wrapped the spears in a wet paper towel and nuked them for 3 minutes instead.

Attachments

• steak & salmon patty.jpg
    steak & salmon patty.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 161
I never touched asparagus when I was a kid and love the stuff now, too. Funny how tastes change.
Usually when I grill it I season some bacon, then wrap the asparagus up in the bacon. Grill indirect until the bacon is crispy. I cheated tonight and nuked the asparagus though. The bacon I have is too thick for wrapping them the way the I like. I wrapped the spears in a wet paper towel and nuked them for 3 minutes instead.

Yummy!!!!!!!:chef:

Thanks MSM. I must have missed the memo on chicken night, lol.

Rocklobster said:
Chicken on the grill. Maybe Jerk, or brined, or.....not sure yet..there is this recipe that I discovered on Youtube which was done by the BBQ Pit Boys. You marinate the chicken in equal parts apple cidre vinegar, veg oil and an egg. It really turns out good. I have used it a few times.

Can I have the recipe for your Jerk Grilled Chicken please? Sounds delicious

Pan Grilled Flank Steak
Caramelized Onions
Romain Salad w/Parmesan/Lemon Vinaigrette

The 50th anniversary party was wonderful and more food than imaginable. No need for supper for us tonight. To "fill the hole" we had some microwave popcorn and something cold to drink.

The party was well attended, at least 200 people while Glenn and I were there and we left about an hour before the designated conclusion time. These folks are really loved and have tons of friends. It was so nice to see such good response.

The brined "beer butt" chicken was fab! Company didn't stay for dinner so didn't make potato salad, just had the leftover broccoli cauliflower salad and corn on the cob that I ended up steaming.
Dark spots on chicken are where I stuffed fresh rosemary under the skin;-)

Attachments

• image-4257635269.jpg
    image-4257635269.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

When I do asparagus on the grill I raft em, brush with olive oil, sprinkle on some kosher salt and let em grill.

I hated asparagus as a kid, of course ours came out of a can all mushy like. :yuk:

man, everyone's dinners look so good, especially that pizza, dave.

i grilled some angus ribeyes tonight: (sorry so blurry)

img_1008563_0_b2345d9c92bafca3eb3a13d02e4095fd.jpg

and asparagus:

img_1008563_1_0ba109d3385c9dc21d24c58cd6d65676.jpg

buckytom said:
man, everyone's dinners look so good, especially that pizza, dave.

i grilled some angus ribeyes tonight: (sorry so blurry)

and asparagus:

Bucky, that asparagus looks so good! It's a crying shame that it's a huge crop in this state and we are paying $4.00-$5.00 lb. right now! $!&!@!&@$! or in English....poop!!
Oh and the steak looks good too! :)

Last edited:
thanks somebunny. it was pretty good. the searing burner on the grill makes quick work of asparagus. maybe a total of 2 minutes to cook. i toss it in evoo and kosher salt first, and dw adds a squirt of lemon juice for extra flavour.

hey, you should grow your own asparagrass! much like peas and corn, there's nothing like eating fresh asparagus picked minutes before in your garden.

you know, you're nobody until somebunny loves you sometime...

Well, we ended up going out for dinner after the dance recital (my girl got an award for amazing talent!) so the rib roast got put on hold.

I had arctic char that was pan seared and placed on a bed of mixed grains and steamed veggies. There was a sauce on the side made from pomegranate and fig. Sounds a bit weird, but oh so heavenly. That fish was the most beautiful fillet I have had in a LONG time.

Back
Top Bottom