Sunday 6/5 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just invited a couple, last minute sort of thing, for salad and spaghetti and meatballs.....made some horses duves of kosher salami with dill pickle on a pick, also, the salami with cheddar cheese on a pick....they're bringing some kind of dessert and I also made banana/blueberry muffins, so that'll be part of dessert too.....they're fun guys, so it's always nice to have them in as company.

Im grilling bratwurst patties on sweet thin buns, grilled onions, grilled corn on the cob with a butter, paprika and chili seasoning. Cherries for dessert :)

I like playing with my grilled corn's butter too, Amanda. I like it plain, too, but adding minced garlic or other seasonings and basting it is a great way to go.

I've taken a ribeye out of the freezer, too, so it will be a surf n turf of sorts, ribeye and salmon patties. I wasn't really up for more rolls/buns today anyway. I'll make a capers, yogurt, onion and lemon juice tartar sauce up here shortly. I'll throw some asparagus spears on, too. That little smokey joe will be loaded.

Pancanis-Typically I grilled it plain then add some butter or lightly salt it. Tonight its just me and the baby and he cant eat any of this besides the cherries I can do anything to my corn lol Garlic added is good too :)

I love ribeyes. They are my favorite. How long do you leave asparagus on for? What all do you do to it? I have hated it since I was little but my brother runs a kitchen so he was taught ways to make it on the stove and now I crave it. I just cant get him to make it much! Grilled sounds lik it would be good.

DH made his wonderful pesto ... All I have to do is boil noodles and dinner is done. Great for a hot day like today!

The soup is done. The CS ribs came out fall off the bone tender, and the flavor is awesome from cooking in the thyme broth and so are the potatoes. I'll definitely do it again this way.

Pepperoni pizza on the grill & salads.

Heeeeeeeeres dinner.....(I decided to add some basil and oregano from the garden at that last minute)

Attachments

• PePPizza_Full.jpg
    PePPizza_Full.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 150
  • PePPizza_CU2.jpg
    PePPizza_CU2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 146
made tacos/burritos with grilled chicken.

I made a marinade with some Penzy's taco seasoning mix (all natural, no funky stuff). I dumped some seasoning mix in a gallon ziploc with some fresh garlic, juice of a lime, and some olive oil. Let it set for a 1/2 hour (all the time I had) and grilled. Sliced it up and piled it with the usual suspects on whole wheat tortillas. Turned out great, I'll definitely make it this way again.

These chicken breasts were huge enough to feed 2 people each!! I cooked 4 - 2 for dinner tonight and 2 for tomorrow over salad.
Bone in chicken breasts (nicely seasoned pan seared in EVOO then placed the pan in oven to finish roasting), pan gravy (pan fond, butter, chicken schmaltz, flour, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, poultry seasoning, dry white wine and chicken broth with herbs), cauliflower and carrots and homemade mac and cheese (small pasta shells, butter, flour, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, hot sauce, milk and shredded cheddar).

img_1008459_0_e43e962799796db91a4680b45d8cdae8.jpg

These chicken breasts were huge enough to feed 2 people each!! I cooked 4 - 2 for dinner tonight and 2 for tomorrow over salad.
Bone in chicken breasts (nicely seasoned pan seared in EVOO then placed the pan in oven to finish roasting), pan gravy (pan fond, butter, chicken schmaltz, flour, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, poultry seasoning, dry white wine and chicken broth with herbs), cauliflower and carrots and homemade mac and cheese (small pasta shells, butter, flour, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, hot sauce, milk and shredded cheddar).

img_1008460_0_e43e962799796db91a4680b45d8cdae8.jpg

That gravy looks like it is really full of flavor, YUM!

Chicken on the grill. Maybe Jerk, or brined, or.....not sure yet..there is this recipe that I discovered on Youtube which was done by the BBQ Pit Boys. You marinate the chicken in equal parts apple cidre vinegar, veg oil and an egg. It really turns out good. I have used it a few times.
Brined and grilled bird, stuffed potatoes, chard with garlic, and a hot pickle..

Attachments

• 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 146
  • 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Making arakas which is a greek dish with peas, potatoes, carrots, lemon, olive oil, and lots of dill
also have a pot of avgolemono on the stove, a creamy greek chicken soup

Drat! The computer is covered in drool again. Cut it out, guys!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom