Sunday 7/12/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
Andy sez it's Sunday, so here goes!

Today is the day. For two years I have been hearing that DH is pretty good with a grill, so he is grilling/cooking dinner today. We went shopping yesterday and came home with 2 buffalo rib eye steaks (after procuring a small loan from the bank) and some shitake mushrooms, red and green bell peppers, asparagus, and fresh green beans, to be supplemented with onions and a zucchini from the garden. Not sure what he is doing with that medley of veggies. And I dug out first potatoes yesterday and he will make some home fries. I may make a small salad from the garden, if I feel like it:LOL:.

I am so excited!!!

What's happening at your place?

And I'm excited for you Beth! :clap:No matter what happens, praise him all over the place, but you already know that. ;)

We're going to a birthday party for my son and his wife. They were born on the same day, 10 years apart. I think that's so cool that on Bradey's 10th birthday, his future bride was born. She's a great wife and mother to baby Cheyenne. What a blessing they both are.
Anyway, I'm taking my cole slaw to the potluck cookout.

Simple but very tasty - Roast guinea fowl, baked potato and organic cauliflower. (I always turn the bird upside down initially so as to crisp up the underside and this also allows the juices to penetrate the breast meat).

We're on our way to Oak Island, NC, for a week with my family. My mom is getting Carolina barbecue and cole slaw for tonight's dinner. I'm bringing fresh garden tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers and zucchini, so we will make a platter of sliced veggies.

Pickin's are slim here, so I spelunked some frozen cauliflower cheese soup, with crackers.

Sushi, roasted trout in kabayaki sauce, avocado,crab. Oh yeah & Sake too.

img_1428870_0_24840f95ff505e4b5d3f78393b0af363.jpg
img_1428870_1_ea0cb09ed2a153087a5d470126e0250e.jpg
img_1428870_2_48a59091c4ae46f809bd19a6b2663c5a.jpg

Nice S&P!

Okay, here's what happened. At first I was nervous; note first photo.

Then things improved. DH cooked a fantastic meal and even helped with the cleanup. The meal was divine. I didn't make the salad!

Attachments

• DSCN3736.jpg
    DSCN3736.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 149
  • DSCN3740.jpg
    DSCN3740.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCN3742.jpg
    DSCN3742.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCN3743.jpg
    DSCN3743.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 151
We are having date night, so we're going to Baton Rouge (restaurant, not city).
Ooh, good looking suppers Joey and Beth. Did you notice much difference in flavour, since it was bison, not beef?

It's still, hot, humid, and soupy out. We didn't feel like going out. Stirling grilled some hot dogs.

Buffalo is the best, period. The prices went sky high here in MT. I'd like to harvest another one in the near future.

Those are some mighty fine looking eats beth and s&p!

Hot and humid here, too, so I sent Himself out to grill. :LOL: Actually, pork tenderloin doesn't take long at all. I seasoned the meat with herbs de provence and granulated garlic. He also grilled asparagus while he was out there. I steamed up broccoli too, and we had spinach salads to start.

Later, as a joke, he said "make me something". Little did he know I figured I'd already planned to toss a big, fudgy cookie into the bottom of a small dish, topping with vanilla ice cream, and drizzling Hershey's syrup on top, finishing with a half of a strawberry. When I took it into he living room he said "I was only kidding!"...but still took the bowl. Sometimes a sweet treat is nice. :yum:

Those are some mighty fine looking eats beth and s&p!

Hot and humid here, too, so I sent Himself out to grill. :LOL: Actually, pork tenderloin doesn't take long at all. I seasoned the meat with herbs de provence and granulated garlic. He also grilled asparagus while he was out there. I steamed up broccoli too, and we had spinach salads to start.

Later, as a joke, he said "make me something". Little did he know I figured I'd already planned to toss a big, fudgy cookie into the bottom of a small dish, topping with vanilla ice cream, drizzled Hershey's syrup, and finishing it with a half of a strawberry. When I took it into he living room he said "I was only kidding!"...but still took the bowl. Sometimes a sweet treat is nice. :yum:

Attachments

• 2015-07-12 21.20.26.jpg
    2015-07-12 21.20.26.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 154
Back
Top Bottom