"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2018, 08:54 AM   #21
Head Chef

We had homemade ground beef quesadillas w/salads. Mom actually had 2! Normally, she just eats 1 of them.

cjmmytunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:26 AM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

We smoked a turkey breast yesterday, so we had sliced turkey with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce, Mexican street corn and a salad of heirloom tomato, avocado, cucumber and fresh mozzarella with lime juice and Penzeys Pico Fruta.
Click image for larger version

Name:	0729182042a.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	30831

Old 07-30-2018, 02:45 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

GG, reading the ingredients list for the Pico Fruta sounds like the lemon version of Tajin, which has lime...and no sugar. Love Tajin on watermelon, and corn. Ooo, tomatoes, too. I bet the Pico Fruta is good, too, but I kinda...sorta...overbought when I finally found Tajin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnlaw View Post
...CG, that scrumptious looking plate is for two?...
Oh heavens no, dragn. That plate is a skosh larger than 8 inches. The tomato probably has about 1/4 cup of tuna salad in it; the scoop of chicken salad is maybe 1/3 of a cup, and the greens bed on the plate isn't very deep. If I had wanted to split that with Himself, things might have gotten ugly. He's 6' 2", around 240#, and likes to eat. As it is, he took some more tuna and chicken salads after he polished off the salad plate.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you. ~ BB King
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 03:12 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
GG, reading the ingredients list for the Pico Fruta sounds like the lemon version of Tajin, which has lime...and no sugar. Love Tajin on watermelon, and corn. Ooo, tomatoes, too. I bet the Pico Fruta is good, too, but I kinda...sorta...overbought when I finally found Tajin.

Not to mention Tajin on grilled pineapple sticks and there's nothing better than grilled skewers of shrimp brushed with butter and heavily sprinkled with Tajin. Love the stuff on so many things.

CG, that plate of yours last night was a stunner!!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 03:24 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks, Kayelle! I have tried Tajin on pineapple, too, but didn't like it enough to do it again. On shrimp is good. But watermelon! My dear Dad loved putting salt on his watermelon. I never "got" it. But the Tajin! I bet Dad would have liked it on watermelon, too.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you. ~ BB King
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supper