Sunday 7-29-2018 ~ What's for supper today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I'll be making tuna salad and chicken salad, along with deviling an egg for each of us. I haven't decided if we'll have the salads on sandwiches, in lettuce cups, or plopped in two lumps onto a greens salad.

What's going on at your place?

I have the smoked pork loin from last night. It's so very moist and delicious.

I'm thinking about Dragon Lady Sesame Noodles with strips of pork, unless I come up with a better hot weather idea.

Suggestions are welcomed.

I actually felt like cooking today, or smoking. I tossed a rack of ribs on the
Weber Kettle.

I wrapped them in foil after 90 minutes, with some apple juice, and let them cook at 225F.

I don't usually use any kind of sauce, but this time I mixed up a sweet/hot sauce at the last minute. I mixed real maple syrup with Whataburger ketchup, and some Frank's Red Hot. I brushed it on the ribs, and let it grill for a while to get some caramelization. No recipe, I just grabbed stuff from the pantry, mixed it together, and tasted it. I love doing that... well, when it works. :LOL:

Success! The ribs were tender and moist, and the meat pulled off the bone cleanly -- but did not "fall off the bone," which would be overcooked. Every once in a while, I get it right. ;)

CD

Attachments

• Ribs72018002.jpg
    Ribs72018002.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 141
  • Ribs0718001.jpg
    Ribs0718001.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 109
We had cheese fondue for dinner and chocolate fondue for dessert. No pictures. I love my new electric fondue pot.

Today was a "fiddle-fart" kind of day. Both Glenn and I just meandered through and enjoyed the lower than usual temperatures.

As a result, our meal was quite lazy/casual and I made a beef steak "something" with onions and garlic, along with some steamed fresh beans from Glenn's son's garden. Omigosh! I could've made a meal of just the beans. Besides iced tea, we didn't need anything else.

Well, a handful of Whoppers from our gumball machine-like dispenser that sits on the kitchen table. For the grandchildren, of course.........

We went to a local music festival with a girl friend of SO’s. Every ethnic group in the area had a food booth so we had a lot to choose from. As it is every year, the booth selling Filipino food had the longest lines. We had combo plates of rice, noodles, lumpia and grilled chicken. Later in the afternoon I made some bruschetta to go with the sangria. All this to say we weren’t hungry for a meal tonight so we just picked at stuff out of the fridge.

I have the smoked pork loin from last night. It's so very moist and delicious.

I'm thinking about Dragon Lady Sesame Noodles with strips of pork, unless I come up with a better hot weather idea.

Suggestions are welcomed.

This worked out well for a hot summer night. I served the DL Sesame Noodles with various veggies over a bed of butter lettuce adorned with sticks of smoked pork loin. :yum:

Attachments

• P7290063[1].jpg
    P7290063[1].jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 136
Wow! Again, wonderful sounding (and looking!) dinners, everyone! Kay and Casey...your pics have me drooling. :yum:

Family and I went out for a huge brunch late this morning and I still wasn't hungry by late afternoon, so it was just another nibbles tray of fruits and veggies for dinner. Will be SO glad when it cools down a little, I'm dying for a grilled tri tip to munch on for a few days.

Yummy food pics, as usual.

I thought a salad plate with tuna and chicken salads on top would be nice considering the hot weather we've been having. By the time I finished making everything, the front had moved through, the A/C was off and the windows were open...and I was freezing in my shorts! :LOL: Even so, tonight's meal really hit the spot. Tuna salad included lemon juice, dill, and capers. Chicken salad was seasoned with Garam Masala seasonings, toasted almond slivers, red grapes. We finished the other half of the garlic bread I made last night.

Attachments

• 20180729_214947.jpg
    20180729_214947.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 120
Blue cheese dressing. Seriously. I've been drinking water all day and I feel so bloated and not hungry at all. Plus when it gets hot out, I get those Capri pouches from the store. I freeze those and they're awesome on a hot day, so I've also been eating those all day.

Anyway, I decided to take a teeny tiny taste of the blue cheese dressing I made yesterday and it was so good, I took another taste. And then another. And then one more. And one more taste to top it off.

Other than that, I was going to make a tuna melt tonight, but I'm just too hot and too tired. I'm going to bed early so maybe for once I can get up early and then hit the store for some more lettuce and a few other things tomorrow am. Almost 11pm and still 84° in this room. GAH!

Lovely dinners all around.

Craig made a quickie scaled down version of Sunday gravy with garlic bread.

Supper at a friends'. Grilled maple glazed/buttermilk marinated chicken. Very yummy!

CG, that scrumptious looking plate is for two?

hmmm... smoked pork loin - think I'll go freezer diving, I'm sure I have one.

I actually discovered I had no shrimp in the freezer. Shrimp is my "go to" quicky when nothing else comes to mind or takes too long. So fast to defrost and cook. Guess I've had too many "go to" 's recently. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom