Sunday 8/13/2017 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ross, I checked out the link you posted for the scallion waffles. Oh, my - sounds and looks delish. :yum: Even though this is a little different, it sort of reminded me to look up the following thread that Kayelle started several years back. This might be something you and Jeannie would like. Now my taste buds are wanting Egg Foo Yung again. :yum: (however you want to spell it, haha...it's good!)
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/egg-foo-young-64520.html

The waffles were good.. My only negative thought was that I felt they needed a sauce..

Love egg foo yung but it been a while since I've made it..

Kayelle's egg foo yung sauce might just be a good addition to the waffles.. :yum:

Ross

I made pan-seared pork chops and mustard cream sauce. I had made pesto earlier, so I used that and tomatoes from the farmers market to make bruschetta, sprinkled with additional Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. More summery goodness with a caprese salad. So very good.
0813172024a_HDR.jpg

Zowwie!! This thread is just jam packed with great information!! Thanks to all of you.

I didn't get around to posting last night, but the Souschef made killer pan fried Chimichanga burrito's for us and it was fun to sit and watch him from my perch at the breakfast bar with my glass of wine. That clever and smart man bought some really good carnitas from the hot deli of the Mexican market along with some fresh made flour tortillas and added cheese, a little Hatch salsa, chopped onion and fried both of the burritos in 1/2" of oil till golden. Then he put them in the toaster oven for 10 min. till good and hot. They were served topped with guac. and cilantro. Good eats for sure, and I didn't do a thing!

Ross, those waffles sound wonderful! I may have to get a waffle iron. I think you're on to something by using that Egg Food Yung sauce to dress them..it's yummy.

By the way, every time you talk about missing grilling, I really feel for you. It would really hurt me to not be able to cook outside anymore. You live in such a beautiful part of the state, I know you have public parks, so how about getting a portable grill for you and Jeannie to enjoy?

Last edited:
Ross, those waffles sound wonderful! I may have to get a waffle iron. I think you're on to something by using that Egg Food Yung sauce to dress them..it's yummy.

By the way, every time you talk about missing grilling, I really feel for you. It would really hurt me to not be able to cook outside anymore. You live in such a beautiful part of the state, I know you have public parks, so how about getting a portable grill for you and Jeannie to enjoy?

:).. I've always had a waffle iron... It also makes good hash browns, gooey grilled cheese sandwiches and a few other goodies..

I've gotten used to not being able to grill.. I just feel sorry for myself when I see the wonderful offerings presented in here.. I spent over 50 years grilling, a few of them in catering and serving the public situations so, its all ok..

As to using a public park, I think I'm too anti-social in my old age.. :rolleyes:

Ross

Back
Top Bottom