Sunday, 8-20-2017, what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We'll be having our flat bread pizzas. Two with shaved rib eye, with caramelized onion and fennel, cheeses will be papillon bleu and fresh moz. We're also going to try 1 we saw on DDD, with grated Parm R, leeks, a drizzle of thickened cream, thin slices of guanciale, cooked at high heat for a few to bake crust and cook guanciale some, then pull out, crack an egg, back into the heat for a few until egg white just sets, pull out, break open egg, tilt around to spread the yolk, and cut to serve.

well, fer shizzle...

Little League World Series on all day so, a ball park meal...

Chili cheese burgers with lots of red onion and garlic fries... Maybe a slice of tomato to make it healthy... ;)

Chocolate pudding for later..

Ross

The DDD Sunshine #1, and the cheese was pecorino romano, not parm, my mistake

The steak, moz, blue cheese, onion, fennel #2
Plated with lightly dressed arugula salad on the steak flatbread. #3

Attachments

• 2017-08-20 17.46.50.jpg
    2017-08-20 17.46.50.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 2017-08-20 17.47.26.jpg
    2017-08-20 17.47.26.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 2017-08-20 18.15.52.jpg
    2017-08-20 18.15.52.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Third world chicken, peanut butter noodles, green salad. At least those are the terms used in this household for decades. The marinade for the chicken was billed as Indonesian, which is a soy / garlic / curry marinade. The noodles were originally called cold sesame noodles, but peanut butter noodles is a more apt description.

Went to our daughter and SILs for dinner. It's easier for them to have us over than to have dinner here, as the grand toddler falls asleep in the car on the way home, and then they have to try to get him back to sleep after he wakes up. I prep dinner and take it to their house. This one was particularly easy, as all that is required it to grill the chicken for 10 minutes, as it's cut into strips. The noodles are one of our daughter's faves.

We follow a similar routine with grand kids as you 10 Speed. Plus, it's easier for us to load the car than it is for them, what with diaper bags, toys for in the car, blankies, etc etc

I made hamburger steak, mashed potatoes and gravy and leftover grilled corn from yesterday.

I won some grass fed beef steaks at a golf tournament I went to a couple weeks ago. Jen cooked one up tonight. I have to say I don't know what all the hype is about. I don't like it. I prefer my good ole corn get beef.
I have 2 more in a marinade of moonshine, liquid smoke and soy sauce. I guess I'm out of Worcestershire and teriyaki sauce. We will try this again tomorrow.

Attended a board meeting for my winemaking club today. The hosts made bratwurst burgers. I've been eating brats my whole life but never had them this way before.

They were pretty good. I think they would've been even better with some sauerkraut and swiss cheese, but that might be just me.

...Little League World Series on all day so, a ball park meal...
Our neighbor friends' son is/was playing in that! Would be MA or New England team. Alec Popovich, if you track the names.

We had dinner with Himself's cousin and his wife. Bill smoked St. Louis ribs with a dry rub, and also baked the beans in there. Potato salad, too. We're gonna explode.

Attachments

• 20170820_191105.jpg
    20170820_191105.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
I was in a bit of a daze after the contractor left yesterday, never realized the time til after 7 pm, too late to brave the bugs to grill, used the indoor on stove. Grilled a 4 oz. of salmon, onion, eggplant, thick slice of portabello, steamed up some green beans and cauliflower. Very tasty.

Oh yeah and drizzled it all with some left over sauce from the Amuse Bouche mushroom purses - and that part was really yummy! Might even make some more of that sauce - just to keep on hand for not only the Mushroom Purses, but to drizzle again over lots of things. (Freeze it in ice cube trays).

My first eggplant from the garden. I'm going to make a post in Harvest.

Back
Top Bottom