Sunday 9/5 - anyone cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littlechef

Senior Cook
Taking advantage of a beautiful day here on Long Island. So, we'll fire up the grill and make burgers and hot dogs with all the fixings.

Enjoy the weekend:chef:

We must have been thinking alike. I made a post a minute after you.

Maybe mods will delete it.

Pot of beans today
chili relleno casserole
beef tongue simmered in tomatoes and peppers

Stuffed Peppers

img_918408_0_9c5180c2debc95a3919be6e60a4ece29.jpg

To answer your question, I'm not cooking. I bottled my first real batch of wine today, and the last bottle ended up with just over a glass in it. It won't keep with all that air space, so I had to drink it. Since IMHO, nothing goes with sauvignon blanc better than spicy chinese food, chinese takeout was on the menu.

Taking advantage of a beautiful day here on Long Island. So, we'll fire up the grill and make burgers and hot dogs with all the fixings.

Enjoy the weekend:chef:

Same here and I included grilled corn on the cob and baked beans.

still not agile to cook much. had cheese spread and crackers, a little tapioca pudding. got some oreo crisps for a snack. sure hope i get this boot off and get rid of the walker on tues. it wears me out just taking care of basic needs.

Dinner was all firsts except for the buttermilk ranch dressing. Rosemary roasted chicken legs, wings & red potatoes. Marinated mushroom caps, Spanish green & Kalamata olives (EVOO, red wine vinegar, fresh garlic, oregano & basil), mixed greens & radicchio topped with slivered almonds, cherry tomatoes & homemade buttermilk ranch dressing, steamed green beans and Kalamata olive & rosemary Focaccia bread.

img_918427_0_cfe981a2025a28897a0390fa0b50df8a.jpg

Kalamata olive & rosemary Focaccia Bread

img_918427_1_472bb4d5ff93c9f98549810b59a7c307.jpg

Wow, that is one beautiful dinner plate, msmofet!
Thank you LC!! I am on my way to boil 2 eggs and fry a couple strips of bacon. I am thinking egg salad, bacon and lettuce sammie on some left over focaccia bread.

My mother & Aunt used to serve beef tongue at every family gathering - I liked it, but have not had it in probably 30 years!! Don't see it anymore. I live in California, maybe that's why. My mom and Aunt both Canadiens.

I just made tongue yesterday and it was great.I am in CA too.
I get mine from a mexican/asian market.It is a third the price that it is a Lucky's supermarket.I put it in the slowcooker with tomatoes,onions,peppers and mexican chicken broth.

You need to find a jewish community. They will more than likely sell tongue in the deli and in the supermarket if there is a large demand for it. My mom made it often (though we are catholic we had many jewish friends that clued her into smoked tongue) because the price was low at the time. The ONLY problem I had was the taste buds!! LOL I also have not had it in years and I CAN find it everywhere I just lost the taste for it.

I used to be able to get smoked buffalo tongues.
They were awesome and incredibly low in fat.
That restaurant supply butcher went out of biz about 10 years ago though.

Back
Top Bottom