Sunday At Ma's November 3, 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice looking stroganoff, Harry. Deelish!

I'm looking forward to finishing off my soup (oyster stew) today, too, Cheryl. With a nice piece of french bread like you have. Tis soup season in the northeast.
That sounds like a great combination with the parm cheese.

Sorry, Harry, if you start cooking giraffe necks, you're going to be in a world of trouble from some of the members here - especially our own Purple Alien Giraffe!!!

Watch out Harry! We love you, but maybe not THAT much.

Sorry, Harry, if you start cooking giraffe necks, you're going to be in a world of trouble from some of the members here - especially our own Purple Alien Giraffe!!!

Watch out Harry! We love you, but maybe not THAT much.
not to worry Z,i've cancelled the giraffe neck order....couldn't find a big enough pan:rolleyes::LOL:!!

Last edited:
Nice looking stroganoff, Harry. Deelish!

I'm looking forward to finishing off my soup (oyster stew) today, too, Cheryl. With a nice piece of french bread like you have. Tis soup season in the northeast.
That sounds like a great combination with the parm cheese.
cheers pac.it certainly did hit the spot:chef:!

not to worry Z,i've cancelled the giraffe neck order....couldn't find a big enough pan:rolleyes::LOL:!!

Whew, you had me worried there for a moment, pal. It just wouldn't do to upset PAG and her member family people.

I hope you're not looking for that big pan. Understand that giraffes have become an endangered species lately. I'd much rather have one as a pet! They're just so unique and beautiful in their way. Don't you think?

Whew, you had me worried there for a moment, pal. It just wouldn't do to upset PAG and her member family people.

I hope you're not looking for that big pan. Understand that giraffes have become an endangered species lately. I'd much rather have one as a pet! They're just so unique and beautiful in their way. Don't you think?
...cancelled the new freezer too....just kidding Z!!.i do & i think p.a.g has hit the nail on the head with the "alien" bit.uniquely beautiful to the point of being almost alien,nothing else quite like them on the planet to be sure mate:)!

"giraffe necks...." lol, you guys crack me up. :LOL:

Mmm...pacanis....oyster stew. Haven't had that since I lived in WA state years ago. Just love it, and I really miss a good bowl of oyster stew....and oysters in general.

Thank you all for your comments on my cream of broccoli soup pic. Zhizara, I just use a Cheryl'ed up version from one I found a few years ago on allrecipes. :ROFLMAO: It makes for a good starting base and is the best I've found. I'll post it separately. Happy cooking!:)

i thought beef stroganoff.perfect for a quick & easy meal with bags of flavour.few simple ingredients,few minutes prep & even less time to cook...perfick!!
beef stroganoff served,as they do in parts of russia & iran,with matchstick fries.washed down with smirnoff black & tonic on the rocks...colder than a cossacks nose(in keeping with the dishes soviet origins) huzzah!!
Beef stroganoff is actually czarist rather than soviet but I'll let you off since you did make the dish properly. There are so many recipes appearing in magazines and books which purport to be beef stroganoff but are made with stewing beef and cooked for hours. Not correct!

Morning kades!

The time changed for us last night, and for some unearthly reason I was wide awake at 430 this morning! I prepped a meatloaf for dinner tonight, and I think there will be mashed potatoes with gravy, some fresh corn I blanched and froze this summer, and then home made Saskatoon pie with ice cream and coffee for dessert. I did all the prep at 6 am, had my first coffee and was out the door by 8. Now I'm ready for a nap :LOL:

I really wish that I had your energy! 6 a.m every morning is just a blur to me. I normally feel like a walking zombie and do good to get myself in and out of the shower :wacko: and your up preparing a meal already.

+1 :ohmy: I am SO not an early morning person, only when I have to be. :LOL: Your dinner and dessert sounds so good, Toffi!

"giraffe necks...." lol, you guys crack me up. :LOL: Mmm...pacanis....oyster stew. Haven't had that since I lived in WA state years ago. Just love it, and I really miss a good bowl of oyster stew....and oysters in general. Thank you all for your comments on my cream of broccoli soup pic. Zhizara, I just use a Cheryl'ed up version from one I found a few years ago on allrecipes. :ROFLMAO: It makes for a good starting base and is the best I've found. I'll post it separately. Happy cooking!:)[/QUOTE

Ah Cheryl! WA is known for oysters and mussels ...did you live near some of our PNW oyster beds?

Stop it, SomeBunny! I'm drooling all over my laptop. Too much time since I've been able to satisfy my need for oysters. Slurp.

Excuse me, I need to clean my keyboard, again!

Beef stroganoff is actually czarist rather than soviet but I'll let you off since you did make the dish properly. There are so many recipes appearing in magazines and books which purport to be beef stroganoff but are made with stewing beef and cooked for hours. Not correct!
WRONG.i do happen know that the dish has it's roots in imperialist russia.some say a dish created for count pavel stroganov.the word "soviet" simply means "council" & predates the soviet union.in imperial russia even the early tsar's had their "soviet of ministers" or "council of ministers".i simply used the word "soviet" to convey it's russian roots.i know i cooked it in the traditional way.my uncle morrey was russian & taught me how to cook it 50 years ago
Soviet (council) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
"giraffe necks...." lol, you guys crack me up. :LOL: Mmm...pacanis....oyster stew. Haven't had that since I lived in WA state years ago. Just love it, and I really miss a good bowl of oyster stew....and oysters in general. Thank you all for your comments on my cream of broccoli soup pic. Zhizara, I just use a Cheryl'ed up version from one I found a few years ago on allrecipes. :ROFLMAO: It makes for a good starting base and is the best I've found. I'll post it separately. Happy cooking!:)[/QUOTE

Ah Cheryl! WA is known for oysters and mussels ...did you live near some of our PNW oyster beds?

Hi Somebunny. :) I lived in east Bremerton, right on the Sound. It's been quite a few years ago, but I do seem to recall oyster beds nearby. Friends and family went 'oystering' frequently. We sure did a lot of shucking. :ohmy: :LOL:
I think one of my favorite ways to eat oysters was lightly grilled on the half shell with a little bit of jalapeno butter. OMG....yummm. :yum: Sure do miss Washington state, beautiful place.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom