Sunday Dec 2, dinner plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had beef mince stew mixed with four bean mix, tomatoes, carrot, parsnip, mushrooms and taco sauce for a bit of a kick. Served over hot buttered toast. Apart from missing red wine, it was nice and nourishing.

well I`m doing a Mexican rice, with a Chili that I had in the freezer leftover from the last batch.

Big pot of chili with left over roast beef, venison burger, fresh mushrooms, homecanned tomatoes, homegrown - peppers, onions and garlic. Served with fresh baked cornbread muffins. Brownies with walnuts and chocolate panda paws icecream on top for dessert(DS won't eat dessert, will have to force myself not to eat his!!). ;>)

I have no dinner plans as of yet.
In anticipation of getting my bread machine and becoming a, errr, "baker" :ermm: next week, I have a batch of brownies with walnuts in the oven right now. It is the first time I stuck something in there to bake that wasn't frozen or a potato in a loooong time :).
I may just end up just having brownies tonight :LOL: I had a pretty good lunch though, large western sandwiches made on sausage rolls.

We did lunch not supper today.

Creamed spinach, runner beans and an oxtail pie. The oxtail was combined with mushrooms, shallots, carrots, parsnips, leeks and lots of red wine and the pastry was puff. For pudding the left over pastry was rolled around some sugar and cinnamon and nutmeg to make nice little biscuity things.

I have a pot of chili cooking on the stove. I left out the green peppers and added celery instead. We'll top it with onions and cheese and have big glasses of cold milk to go with.

Happpy sunday!

I made chicken thighs ala Jeekinz (the original recipe ;)) and it turned out really well! In fact, DH even said at the end that it was wonderful. I didn't puree the beans--I just added them in with the tomatoes and let everything cook down together, almost a ragout, I guess. I used garlic, basil, thyme, parsley and a bay leaf. SErved it with salad and roasted garlic red potatoes. Thanks so much--this was a keeper, Jeekinz!

I'm making Lions Head Meatballs but making it more like a soup i.e., meatballs smaller, more broth, and then adding some pea pods and bean sprouts. If I feel it will taste right I'll add a squeeze of lime and some cilantro too - I'm trying VERY hard to make this Chinese dish taste Thai :blush:

My neighborhood civic league had its holiday home tour yesterday afternoon, and I volunteered as a hostess. After the tour (3-7 p.m.), we have a potluck dinner at the home of the organizer, so earlier in the day, I made a double recipe of rigatoni with meat sauce, peppers and onions with mozzarella on top. They devoured it :chef:

Thank you LEFSElover. The smoked plums are becoming very rare here also. I only know of a source. There is also a dish based on them as many other dishes for the Christmas fast.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom