Sunday December 11th. What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been munching on handfuls of assorted nuts. I've got a feeling that that is going to be dinner tonight. My venison sausage was still hard as a rock, which was really no big deal, but so was my half loaf of Italian bread. I cut a couple slices off and tried nuking it, like what I've read people doing, but it only turned into hot, hard as a rock bread. I'm glad I tried doing that before I moved the sauages onto the counter.

When defrosting frozen bread, wrap the slices in damp paper towel first and nuke it 15-20 seconds at a time.

I've been munching on handfuls of assorted nuts. I've got a feeling that that is going to be dinner tonight. My venison sausage was still hard as a rock, which was really no big deal, but so was my half loaf of Italian bread. I cut a couple slices off and tried nuking it, like what I've read people doing, but it only turned into hot, hard as a rock bread. I'm glad I tried doing that before I moved the sauages onto the counter.

To reheat bread, place a few drops of water and the bread in a paper bag and place in a low oven. About 275-300ºF. The water will soften the bread and refresh it. Works every time for me. Bread products do not do well in a microwave. It removes the moisture instead of putting it in the bread. :chef:

Maybe that was the problem, no water.
I threw it out or I'd try it again.

Maybe that was the problem, no water.
I threw it out or I'd try it again.

The few drops of water inside the paper bag creates steam. Great trick for heating up those rolls you brought home from the restaurant, or leftover biscuits from last night.

Last edited:
Leftovers from Friday's stifadho experiment. I googled the recipe and added some seasonings from the recipes I found. It helped a bit, but still not an exciting dish.

Back
Top Bottom